backstageadd ND

Tolerance at Notre Dame and VP Pence

The truth you won't hear from the media

Tolerance at Notre Dame and VP Pence

Postby Happy Mom » Mon May 22, 2017 11:27 am

I walk Notre Dame almost every day and have noticed rainbow flags hanging from various windows around campus with the majority at the Faculty building across from the stadium. Besides taking away from the beautiful buildings I personally think it is disgusting. When I complained I was told that it is individuals supporting the gay community. The rainbow flags were put up to oppose our Vice President and his Christian views. To me, it is disgusting.... How can a Private Catholic University condone this? Next week I will be exercising my Southern Pride by putting up my Mother's Confederate Flag from one of the windows at Notre Dame. My Mother brought this flag from North Carolina when she traveled to South Bend for the first time to attend St. Mary's in 1948. She was showing her Southern Pride and had it prominently displayed in her dorm room for 4 years.

I want to say I was so proud of the Parents, 1000's of Graduates and others who applauded and supported Vice President Mike Pence yesterday. I noticed that most of the disrespectful students, who walked out, were from the Liberals arts side of the ceremony. Good luck snowflakes with your Women's studies degree...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05 ... ement.html
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Tolerance at Notre Dame and VP Pence

Postby Happy Mom » Mon May 22, 2017 11:58 am

http://100percentfedup.com/watch-notre- ... ech-video/

WATCH NOTRE DAME GRAD CROWD’S Reaction When 100 Lefty Losers Walk Out Of Pence Speech [Video]
By 100% FED Up - May 21, 2017

http://100percentfedup.com/watch-notre- ... ech-video/

VP Mike Pence gave the commencement address at Notre Dame today. The left just had to protest…

As Vice President Mike Pence began his remarks at Notre Dame’s commencement ceremony Sunday, dozens of graduates walked out in protest of the Trump administration’s policies.
More than 100 students participated in the planned protest, which was aimed at showing the student’s discontent with the Trump administration’s policies on LGBT rights and people of color, the student group We StaND wrote in a statement ahead of the ceremony.

Notre Dame, a predominately Catholic university, is located in South Bend, Ind. — the state where Pence served as governor prior to becoming vice president.

The gripe on Pence is old news but the left had to protest anyway:
“During his time as governor of the state of Indiana and now as Vice-President, Pence has targeted the civil rights protections of members of the LGBT community, rejected the Syrian refugee resettlement program, supported an unconstitutional ban of religious minorities, and fought against sanctuary cities,” the students wrote in a statement. “All of these policies have marginalized our vulnerable sisters and brothers for their religion, skin color, or sexual orientation.”

Watch how the crowd boos these losers:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Tolerance at Notre Dame and VP Pence

Postby Happy Mom » Mon May 22, 2017 12:09 pm

Watch: Crowd Boos Notre Dame Students Who Walked Out on Pence’s Commencement
BY MARTIN LIOLL
ON MAY 22, 2017 AT 7:16AM

It may be late May, but snowflakes were still falling in South Bend, Indiana over the weekend. That’s where a group of triggered liberals walked out on Vice President Mike Pence’s commencement speech at the University of Notre Dame.

Yet, something funny happened on the way to liberal sainthood for these liberals — they got plenty of boos as they walked out of the stadium.

As you can see from the video, the walkout came at the beginning of Pence’s speech. The applause for Pence drowned out the boos from some quarters of the stands.

It’s much more apparent, however, in this video:
http://conservativetribune.com/notre-da ... mpaign=can

And boy, the speech they protested was quite the conservative humdinger from the former Indiana Senator. He said divisive things like telling students to “lead for good” and “be exceptional from this day forth,” according to WNDU-TV.

And he also took the opportunity to stand up for the most fascistic of all political constructs: the free exchange of ideas.

“Notre Dame is a campus where deliberation is welcomed,” Pence said. “Where opposing views are debated. And where every speaker, no matter how unpopular or unfashionable is afforded the right to air their views in the open for all to hear.”

Needless to say, some parents weren’t terribly impressed by the walkout.

“I think it’s kind of an indictment of the way that our education system has turned from a place where you have a free discourse of ideas to a place if you hear something you don’t agree with, you run away,” said Kevin Munro, a former graduate of Notre Dame who was watching his daughter get her diploma.

Of course, to the students walking out, it probably didn’t occur that anyone might have other ideas than the ones they hold. Given the safe-space environment of the modern college campus, Pence’s speech may have been the first time any of them had to be exposed to a conservative speaker for any prolonged length of time — even at the Catholic Notre Dame.

No wonder they walked out. It must be a downer, after four years of schooling, to discover not everyone agrees with you.

H/T The Daily Caller
Happy Mom

Return to Political Watch