backstageadd ND

2016 Election

The truth you won't hear from the media

Re: 2016 Election

Postby raycyrx » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:17 pm

JumboBurton wrote:This was the worst possible outcome I could possibly think of: Trump and Clinton...

Concur.
I think the damage Trump has done to the process is irreversible.
I believe at this point Trump supporters will not be satisfied with anyone but Trump.
In other words, the party is already split.

Funny that the anti-RINO crowd has pushed the biggest RINO of all to the front of the line.
There's nothing in the slightest conservative about Trump.

Unless Hillary is found guilty of a crime, she'll be our next president.
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Postby Ideal Baloney » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:25 pm

Ideal Baloney wrote:In 2017, DONALD TRUMP will be inaugurated as America's 45th POTUS and HILLARY CLINTON will become a CONVICTED FELON.

Trump will win in a 1984 style LANDSLIDE on November 8.

Ideal Baloney

Postby Happy Mom » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:50 pm

Carly Fiorina Blasts The Republican Establishment, Explains The Phenomenon That Is Donald Trump

Red DawnMarch 5, 2016 01:45pm
Carly Fiorina spoke at CPAC’s Ronald Reagan dinner Friday night and blasted the Republican establishment, blaming them for the current state of political affairs.

“The Republican establishment thought it too knew just what to do after the 2012 election,” Fiorina said. “First, they decided, we needed comprehensive immigration reform. Then, we needed to talk less about ‘the social issues.’ And there were too many candidates in the 2012 primaries, and too many debates. So, let’s limit the number of debates. In fact, let’s condense the whole primary calendar so our presumptive nominee can roll up delegates faster. Let’s make sure that the primary voters know who the establishment thinks should be the nominee. Let’s have all the pundits and the money make the case right from the start about who’s up at bat next.”

“Republican voters said: no, we need to secure the border. No, citizenship in this country must mean something. No, our religious liberty is at stake. No, we don’t want who you want, we want to choose for ourselves and the more choices we have, the better we like it. Many pundits and not a few current and former politicians, now decry the wisdom of these same voters,” she continued. “They don’t like how they happen to be voting right now. But, these voters look at what the Republican Party has produced and think they can do better deciding for themselves.”

This election cycle is interesting, because it’s not just members of the establishment who oppose the Republican frontrunner. Many conservatives do too. But a common “enemy” doesn’t make the two friends. The establishment is responsible for the creation of Trump. They have no one to blame but themselves. They haven’t delivered on their promises. Time and time again, they’ve shoved their candidates down our throats, and time and time again, we’ve lost. Meanwhile, conservatives are angry at the establishment for sucking SO HARD that people actually WANT a man like Trump.

And now members of the establishment are all, “Voters are so DUMB.” They completely ignore the fact that this is THEIR FAULT.

I absolutely LOVE how Fiorina put it:

“Do not misunderstand me. I am no Donald Trump fan,” she said. “I did not vote for him in the Virginia primary. Nevertheless, I understand and respect the people who did vote for him. I know many of them. They are not racists, or crazies, or stupid. While many people call the Donald a fraud, a con-man, there are a lot of voters out there who think they have been conned election after election. They know what it is to be promised something and delivered nothing.”

She’s right. Quite a few of my friends are Trump supporters, and they’re certainly not racist/sexist/xenophobic/stupid. They’re fed up, and that’s that.

“Tip O’Neill famously remarked that all politics are local. Actually, I believe politics is personal,” Fiorina added. “People vote based on their own lives, their own experiences, their own beliefs and hopes and dreams. If we want to defeat Donald Trump, we cannot turn to the establishment once again and ask them to guide the citizenry to the right answer. If we want defeat Donald Trump, we must defeat him at the ballot box, by offering citizens conservative solutions to the problems in their lives.”

Right now, we have two alternative choices: Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio. I don’t know about you, but I’ll take either.

h/t Breitbart

http://www.chicksontheright.com/carly-f ... ald-trump/
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby bdcbbq » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:13 pm

William Bennett, Herman Cain, and a few others agree about letting the process fall out
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby Happy Mom » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:42 am

"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Shinigami » Sun May 08, 2016 3:55 pm

Fearmongering much?
For Hire, will post and moderate for beer.
Shinigami

Postby Happy Mom » Sun May 08, 2016 6:58 pm

Shinigami wrote:Fearmongering much?

If you are talking about the above poster, I hope you are joking... :?
Happy Mom

Previous

Return to Political Watch