backstageadd ND

Bathroom Debate

The truth you won't hear from the media

Re: Bathroom Debate

Postby Happy Mom » Tue May 17, 2016 2:57 pm

s Xenokilla, seriously stop the name calling xenokilla, besides being immature, it is offensive...
stupid republican "christian values" bigots
Really??? I am not stupid in the least and since when did " Christian values" become a negative?

As an older woman, who has four children, I frequently have to use restrooms... I am sure there have been transgender people in the stall next to me but the fact that that members of the opposite sex are invited to use any restroom they want is extremely uncomfortable to me. Target made a horrendous business mistake when they made their announcement. They didn't need to do that and they alienated 95% of their customer base.

I agree it is a diversion tactic by the liberals and a small, very vocal group pushing their agenda. With everything else falling apart in the World, for Obama to mandate bathroom etiquette, is ludicrous and so wrong on so many levels..
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Xenokilla » Tue May 17, 2016 8:12 pm

Longcut wrote:
Xenokilla wrote:
Spider wrote:Somebody help me out here...
Its also a meaningless political ploy, as how the hell does anyone see this enforced?

there is no enforcement protocol in the bill, this is stupid republican "christian values" bigots, hate baiting before an election. The trans population is .03% of the general population, unless you are a Republican Senator from Ohio (Larry Craig) you probably don't care whats going on in the bathroom stall next to you.

I presume you're referencing former US Senator Larry Craig...from Idaho. Not Ohio. Perhaps a small thing, but factual accuracy helps a lot when you're trying to make an opinion statement.

My mistake!
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -James Mattis
On twitter: @Xenokilla
Check my game reviews and other vids: http://www.youtube.com/xenokillaoftaw
Xenokilla

Postby raycyrx » Wed May 18, 2016 7:54 am

I've heard, over and over, that gun control won't work because criminals are going to break the law. Please tell me the magic of a sign that will stop a child rapist from entering a bathroom. Thats what we're worried about right? That people will now go into other restrooms to peep or victimize people? And we're NOT worried about that with same sex individuals as has always been the norm? What about homosexuals? Does this mean that someone who is homosexual should have to use the other sex bathroom, so they're not tempted to peep and rape? Has this been an issue, gay people going to the bathroom and saying "Hey, I wasn't going to, but since I'm already here I may as well assault someone"? If it hasn't, then why is it one now?

Its also a meaningless political ploy, as how the hell does anyone see this enforced? I truly believe this is spearheaded by people that feel 'tricked' when they found a trans person attractive, because there is zero chance at meaningful enforcement. Do we want cops outside restrooms? "I'm sorry maam, your hair is a little short, I'm going to need to do a genital check" or "Sir, we had to pat down your son because he was wearing a pink shirt and looked a little effeminate". Awesome. A great use of resources. I'm sure officers would much rather be bathroom monitors than fighting actual crime.

I know! We'll just put cameras in the bathrooms so these transgendered people can stop violating privacy! Wait....

The only takeaway I have from the whole thing is that this country is either already gone, or doing quite well, as we have time to argue about crap like this.
I must have missed the constitutional amendment that SPECIFICALLY calls out the right to use a bathroom that one wishes to identify with.
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Postby raycyrx » Wed May 18, 2016 7:56 am

Xenokilla wrote:
Its also a meaningless political ploy, as how the hell does anyone see this enforced?

there is no enforcement protocol in the bill, this is stupid republican "christian values" bigots, hate baiting before an election. The trans population is .03% of the general population, unless you are a Republican Senator from Ohio (Larry Craig) you probably don't care whats going on in the bathroom stall next to you.

Right.. because, you know, Obama's in threatening the withholding of education funding has absolutely nothing to do with election year politics. :?
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Postby Happy Mom » Wed May 18, 2016 11:47 am

BREAKING: Target in PANIC after getting terrible news
Written by The Analytical Economist on May 18, 2016

Target
Target’s stock had been dented since the American Family Association’s boycott began amassing signatures in the millions, but we obviously had no way of knowing if people were actually boycotting the store.

Target reported earnings this morning, and as it turns out, people made good on their promise.

As Reuters reports: Target reported a lower-than-expected increase in quarterly sales at established stores and gave a cautious outlook for the current period, citing volatile weather and weaker demand for electronics and groceries.

Shares of the company, which also reported slower digital sales growth, fell more than 9 percent to $66.74 in early trading.

Target Chief Financial Officer Cathy Smith said apparel sales rose during the quarter and were stronger than other retailers’, but big swings in temperature hurt demand in that category. :lol: :roll: :doh:

“We did see a noticeable slowdown post-Easter,” Smith said on a media conference call.

Big swings in temperature? So they’re going to blame climate change? Funny – they seem to be neglecting the cause of that post-Easter sales slowdown. I’m going to go out on a limb and speculate that over 1.2 million boycotters have had an effect.

As the share price tanks, lets just hope ordinary investors aren’t taking it in the shorts over that as well.

[Note: This post was authored by The Analytical Economist]

http://www.allenbwest.com/analytical-ec ... rible-news
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Xenokilla » Wed May 18, 2016 11:14 pm

Happy Mom wrote:BREAKING: Target in PANIC after getting terrible news
Written by The Analytical Economist on May 18, 2016

http://www.allenbwest.com/analytical-ec ... rible-news

everything on the dow dropped monday. your source is bogus.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -James Mattis
On twitter: @Xenokilla
Check my game reviews and other vids: http://www.youtube.com/xenokillaoftaw
Xenokilla

Postby Spider » Thu May 19, 2016 10:12 am

Target boycott, Chic Filet Boycott, BP boycott....all super effective until the next sale.
Spider

Postby bob_rx2000 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:48 pm

Yes but... BP boycott didn't work because petroleum is a necessary commodity and is frangible. The Chik-fil-et boycott didn't work because it was idiotic to begin with, and the food is decent there. The Target boycott is hurting some because Target has lots of competitors.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Previous

Return to Political Watch