backstageadd ND

South Bend Police body cameras

South Bend Police body cameras

Postby Eagle Driver » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:28 pm

Again South Bend folds to a half dozen nuts who are demanding body cameras on the local police officers.

It won't work ! When do you turn it on? Off? Can an officer work for 8 to 16 hours and not contact their significant other ? If they call home, can they turn off their camera then? Are people going to demand to know what they were doing when not recording ? How bout bathroom breaks? Dinner time. Why only 170 units ? Who will wear one and who won't ? My guess is captains and above won't be wearing them. Good luck
With this new mess ! SMH
Eagle Driver

Re: South Bend Police body cameras

Postby Bingo » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:19 pm

By the time they get them, they will be outdated ! :think:
Bingo

Postby Eagle Driver » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:48 pm

So about that first question I asked. Who will be wearing these cameras ? Will Chief Ruszkowski be wearing his at his desk? I would love to read the policy someone dreams up or better yet, gets from another department. When do the officers have them on and off ? Bathroom breaks, walking through the locker room and record as you walk through ? 170 body cameras and 170 car cameras ?? Video takes up a lot of storage space . So after they pay 100's of 1,000's to make sure you can tell if the officer is lie

It's a bad idea. Period. And remember that camera is one demention. The camera can't see in 3D
Eagle Driver

Postby Happy Mom » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:42 pm

Will the cameras have audio also?
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Eagle Driver » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:09 pm

Yep !!
Eagle Driver

Return to South Bend