backstageadd ND

SB(PD)Undercover Blog - Read It Often!

Re: SB(PD)Undercover Blog - Read It Often!

Postby Xenokilla » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:44 am

I'm surprised it happened in Detroit, i know if i went to Detroit i'd want to be armed to the teeth at all times!
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -James Mattis
On twitter: @Xenokilla
Check my game reviews and other vids: http://www.youtube.com/xenokillaoftaw
Xenokilla

Postby bdcbbq » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:01 am

Complacency with a firearm can get someone shot. Personally, I have no sympathy for her. My firearm in a hotel is either on the desk, bedside table, in my suitcase, or on my belt. I see no reason to stuff it in hotel room furniture.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby bubblyone » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:20 am

Xenokilla wrote:I'm surprised it happened in Detroit, i know if i went to Detroit i'd want to be armed to the teeth at all times!

Forget Detroit...After listening to the news this morning, I am thinking I need a gun to live in South Bend!
bubblyone

Postby Xenokilla » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:59 pm

bubblyone wrote:
Xenokilla wrote:I'm surprised it happened in Detroit, i know if i went to Detroit i'd want to be armed to the teeth at all times!

Forget Detroit...After listening to the news this morning, I am thinking I need a gun to live in South Bend!

The Kodiak range does some nice intro to pistol shooting courses. http://www.kodiakrange.com/

But yea, I live in South Bend and i am armed to the teeth =)
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -James Mattis
Xenokilla

Postby Xenokilla » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:56 pm

California and Johnson.

Xenokilla

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:06 pm

Does anyone know the story behind this?

South Bend board fires city police officer

File Art - Crime - South Bend Police Uniform Patch
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 10:00 am | Updated: 10:50 am, Wed Aug 19, 2015.
South Bend Tribune Report
SOUTH BEND — A city panel Wednesday fired a South Bend police officer who was accused of disobeying orders, lying about damage to his squad car and making degrading comments to the wait staff at a local restaurant.
Police Chief Ron Teachman asked the city Board of Public Safety in May to fire Sgt. Dave Beaty, a 23-year veteran of the police force.

In a May letter, Teachman alleged that Beaty damaged his vehicle in a parking garage in November 2014 but failed to report it until December and lied about how the damage occurred.
Beaty was accused of ignoring orders to help respond to at least 120 traffic accidents that happened during a snowstorm in November, of wasting more than an hour during an overtime shift, yet still claiming the overtime pay, and of leaving his police car unlocked, resulting in the theft of a laptop.
He also allegedly made profane comments to a server at the P&G Restaurant in South Bend in October 2014.
Teachman wrote that Beaty was disciplined eight times during his career with the police department and drew 12 complaints from colleagues and members of the public.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/lo ... 189e1.html
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby saywatanayo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:54 pm

Sure. Beaty has been the most toxic employee that department has had ever! His attitude stinks. The real shame of it all is that he could have written his own destiny had he just shut his mouth half the time. But he was just one of those guys that constantly walked around with a chip on his shoulder. Especially towards superiors he didn't believe should outrank him. Disgruntled. The pope himself could have been Chief and he would bitch that his robe was too white! He was really an outstanding cop. He could investigate anything and knew the job very well. He knew how to talk to thugs but he talked like a thug everyday himself thinking it was cool. When in reality, he sounded like an idiot. Rude to people in general but very smart. Problem was, he talked to people as though he was smarter than everyone. Very condescending. Apparently he lied to internal affairs and got caught. They finally had enough of people down there like him thinking they can do or say whatever they want with zero consequences. I feel bad for him losing his job but quite honestly, I never thought he would have made it this long. I thought ten years ago he would have been fired. But then again, Boykins breaks seven felonies and he's still in charge of a third of the uniform division. Riddle me that one!?

I'm sure we'll hear from Beaty. He's on here. Of course, I'm not going to tell you his handle. But many of us know it. Sorry dave. Call em like I see em. Good luck to you though. I hope everything works out.
saywatanayo

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:28 pm

Thanks saywatanayo!

SB Police officer fired after derogatory comments made toward waitress

Updated: Wed 6:27 PM, Aug 19, 2015
By: Shaun Gallagher - Email

After a 10 hour hearing in July, the Board of Public Safety decided to terminate Detective Sgt. Dave Beaty
SOUTH BEND, Ind. --- After a 10 hour hearing in July regarding a South Bend Police Officer's derogatory comments towards a waitress, the Board of Public Safety voted in a split decision to terminate the officer's employment.

Detective Sgt. Dave Beaty's termination is effective immediately after spending some 22 years on the force. Over that time, Chief Ron Teachman says he has encountered a number of complaints about Beaty's performance.

In documents submitted to the Board of Public Safety, Teachman documents several incidents over the course of Beaty's tenure with the South Bend Police Department.

According to the documents, on Nov. 1, 2014, Beaty left his patrol car unlocked while he went inside a bar where he was employed. A laptop was stolen from the car in the process. Officers are not allowed to work directly or indirectly inside a building or enclosed area where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed on the premises and He was responsible for properly securing his assigned vehicle and equipment before leaving them unattended.

On Dec. 2, 2014, the report says Beaty initially falsely reported how damage to his patrol car happened, blaming the damage on an unknown person. His story changed, saying he collided with a "yellow post" on Nov. 26, 2014.

The next submission in the report was in reference to the derogatory comments made towards a waitress. The report says, on Oct. 16, 2014, Beaty "made course [sic], profane, and degrading, comments to a member of the wait staff at P&G Restaurant in South Bend, Ind." The report goes on to say officers shall not commit any acts which constitute violation of any of the rules, regulations, directives or orders of the department and that officers should conduct themselves on and off duty in such a manner as to reflect most favorably on the department.

The report goes on to name two other infractions in 2014 that Beaty was a part of. It also lists eight acts of misconduct during his 22 year career ranging from 1993 to 2010, and also mentions 12 citizen and administrative complaints with each requiring an independent investigation. So while the July hearing is the topic at the forefront, it's an entire career of misconduct that led to his firing.

"These reports were brought to my attention," Chief Ron Teachman of the South Bend Police Dept. said. "I reviewed them, reviewed the evidence within them and made a recommendation to the board and that recommendation was for the termination of the employee."

The board voted 3-1 with one board member abstaining since he was not a part of the board when the hearing took place. This is the third officer this year to receive a severe suspension or worse however Teachman doesn't think it's telling of the entire department.

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/SB-P ... 30912.html
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Buck Wheat » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:41 pm

saywatanayo wrote:Sure. Beaty has been the most toxic employee that department has had ever! His attitude stinks. The real shame of it all is that he could have written his own destiny had he just shut his mouth half the time. But he was just one of those guys that constantly walked around with a chip on his shoulder. Especially towards superiors he didn't believe should outrank him. Disgruntled. The pope himself could have been Chief and he would bitch that his robe was too white! He was really an outstanding cop. He could investigate anything and knew the job very well. He knew how to talk to thugs but he talked like a thug everyday himself thinking it was cool. When in reality, he sounded like an idiot. Rude to people in general but very smart. Problem was, he talked to people as though he was smarter than everyone. Very condescending. Apparently he lied to internal affairs and got caught. They finally had enough of people down there like him thinking they can do or say whatever they want with zero consequences. I feel bad for him losing his job but quite honestly, I never thought he would have made it this long. I thought ten years ago he would have been fired. But then again, Boykins breaks seven felonies and he's still in charge of a third of the uniform division. Riddle me that one!?

I'm sure we'll hear from Beaty. He's on here. Of course, I'm not going to tell you his handle. But many of us know it. Sorry dave. Call em like I see em. Good luck to you though. I hope everything works out.

Huh? You must be thinking of a different David Beaty. The cop I know was a true professional - not a West Wing and 14th floor ass kisser. How many lives have you saved? How many years did you serve as FOP 36 President? How many times did you play Santa Claus for underprivileged kids while spending your own money? http://articles.wsbt.com/2012-03-14/south-bend-police_31185253

:whistle:
Buck Wheat

Postby Eagle Driver » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:20 pm

BW:

I an acquaintance of Mr. Beaty. I can tell you he was a paramedic before becoming a police officer. I can also tell you he has a mind like a steel trap. He never forgets a bad guy. But..... I can also tell you that during his career on the police department, he's done some incredibly stupid things. I won't tell stories behind his back so we'll just leave it at that.

As for the FOP President's position.....that was a farst . Scott Ruszkowski wanted out as the president because he knew he would never make chief as long as he was in that position. So..... He put Dave there. And again, I'll leave it at that.

As for playing Santa... A very cool thing. And you are correct. His time, his money (or a bigger portion of it)

Dave could have been one of the best on the Police Department .... He just had a tiny attitude problem that he needed to get over.. It's too bad he lost his job. And more, it's too bad yet another South Bend Police Officer has made their way into the eyes of the press.... I hope someday it all stops. We have a very good police department. But the only thing most of the public gets to see and hear is the bad parts ,,,,,,
Eagle Driver

PreviousNext

Return to South Bend