backstageadd ND

SB(PD)Undercover Blog - Read It Often!

Re: SB(PD)Undercover Blog - Read It Often!

Postby Happy Mom » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:50 am

Buck Wheat wrote:Bobby: Kennedy Park is behind the school immediately west of the baseball diamond on Westmoor Street. It contains a "water park" and a picnic area. Officer Pete is not exaggerating ... this could be a busy weekend for Memorial's ER.

:violence-pistoldouble: :violence-instagib: :violence-rapidfire: :violence-ripper: :violence-rocket: :violence-sniperdark: :violence-uzi:

I didn't hear anything on the news. :roll: Did anyone hear of any disturbances this weekend?
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:49 am

Chief Boykins

3.5 Years In, Chief.. How We Doin?
Posted on August 1, 2011 by sbundercover

"As your chief, you will never not see me wearing this hat"

"As your chief, you will never not see me wearing this hat"
Just about 3 and a half years ago to the day it was announced that SBPD would be getting a new chief in Darryl Boykins. The WNDU story notes:

Boosting morale is a key goal

and in the story, Boykins commented that:

Boykins said he wanted to do something “in your own sphere of influence that will change the community and the morale of the South Bend Police Department.”

Boykins major goals include reducing crime, boosting officer morale, and getting more minorities to join the department.

I ask you LEOs if the morale IS better than it was four years ago, or WORSE? Pete has been through numerous chiefs in his tenure, but I can’t think of it ever being lower than I have seen it these days. It used to be a rookie with 2 or less years was eager no matter what, now I see them parked and hiding too. For fear of getting in trouble for just doing the job. It’s plain wrong.

I know you are busy chief, so maybe you could designate your $61K a year Captain PIO Phil Trent to come out and spin comment on how your initiatives and direction and leadership has been improving morale since you made it one of your major goals?

Are any of the minorities passing the tests or the background checks? Do we need more minorities or just better qualified applicants, regardless of race or sex?

How is that reducing crime going? Does the declining South Bend population feel any safer than they did in 2007?

Let’s hear it!
http://sbundercover.wordpress.com/2011/ ... omment-340
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:00 pm

Shooting Watch: (Yawn) another NW shooting?
Posted on August 4, 2011 by sbundercover

Yet another NW side shooting, Aug 1 in the 2500 block of w Bertrand? I thought the extra patrols and the aggressive campaigning of Street Crimes to this area was putting an end to these things. Finding marijuana in the car? Must have been Street Crimes? Not so fast.

According to WSBT and (PIO??) Gary Horvath,

An argument outside a car reputedly used to conduct drug business ended when a suspected dealer shot a man in the stomach, police said.

The victim, 30, was transported to an area hospital where he was treated for a gunshot wound to the left side of the torso following the shooting Monday afternoon in a driveway in front of 2513 W. Bertrand St.

“The individual was conscious and alert, and he was able to talk to (police) before they took him away,” said South Bend Police Division Chief Gary Horvath.

Why is there a chief making over 65K a year out on the scene giving PIO statements? A supervisor Sgt. wouldn’t suffice? I assume Trent is on vacation this week? (Yet another 60K + of rank per year that could be restructured if the the chief of police was articulate enough to give his own statements.)

So what happened to all of this aggressive enforcement the chief and his talking head said were going to be out there? Oh that’s right, the SCU commander was told to knock it off by the chief in his office, and the NW patrols went back to HUD grant money being used for door knocking and name gathering BS statistics. More street level crime prevention from the department that cares.

http://sbundercover.wordpress.com/
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:19 pm

SB(PD)Undercover is taking a break and hopefully will return with our favorite blog soon.... :? :D :clap:
Happy Mom

Postby dunk50 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:33 pm

Actually HM, I heard the Department was actively looking to identify and castrate SBU. Might have even had him into the West Wing for a come to Jesus meeting. Hope he has his azz covered. IF I COULD HELP HIM I WOULD!!
Military at 17, 7th SFG Ft. Bragg, 10th SFG Bad Tolz, 5th SFG Nam, 34 Years South Bend Police and retired. Should be fishin but I'm on here!
dunk50

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:06 pm

dunk50 wrote:Actually HM, I heard the Department was actively looking to identify and castrate SBU. Might have even had him into the West Wing for a come to Jesus meeting. Hope he has his azz covered. IF I COULD HELP HIM I WOULD!!

Really? Wow, Are we living in a Communist Country? :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
Happy Mom

Postby SBF Admin » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:10 pm

dunk50 wrote:Actually HM, I heard the Department was actively looking to identify and castrate SBU. Might have even had him into the West Wing for a come to Jesus meeting. Hope he has his azz covered. IF I COULD HELP HIM I WOULD!!

Southbendundercover is welcome to come post on the Southbendforum.com. I'd close the site down before I would betray him or any member's identification.
SBF Admin

Postby Cull.D.Sack » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:22 pm

If necessary, that would be the honorable thing to do.
Cull.D.Sack

Postby dunk50 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:24 pm

Happy Mom wrote:

Really? Wow, Are we living in a Communist Country? :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

No HM not a Communist Country, BUT!! When I retired one of the things I was bragging about was GETTING MY RIGHTS BACK. There are many things you cannot do as a sworn officer, and there are many things they can make you do. For instance, you do not have the RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH. If you talk about the department, even on your own time and it is construed as detrimental to the department you are subject to discipline up to and including dismissal. They passed this for those that got too unhappy with the political appointees being so incompetent and speaking about it.
Basically, if an officer came on South Bend Forum using his own name and talked about how badly the Detective Bureau was being ran and how incompetent the DB Chief was he would be getting some time off. Now on the other hand if he came on here or started a blog like SBU they would have to prove / find out who it was. I assure you they REALLY REALLY want to know who SBU is and also would love to identify some of the other posters.
The problem for us getting the information is this, you have to be on the department in the thick of it to KNOW what is going on. The problem then becomes how do you get that information out to the public who has a legitimate right to know, that is without getting fired. I speak of specific information like playing with how cases are classified so that you can artificially lower the crime rate to look good. It's been done in the past but getting the story out, making them stop and keeping your job can be a challenge!! Ask me how I know!! :whistle:
The single best thing that could happen to the South Bend Police Department is to implement an honest to god Merit system. Won't happen though because then the Mayor would loose control of his hatch lings! The citizens of SB are not being well served by the current political setup. :naughty:
It would really be nice for the new Mayor to do a little house cleaning. It use to be done every few years but not in the last 20 to 25 years. I wish him luck and sincerely hope he is his own man and not a Butch Morgan talking head.
Military at 17, 7th SFG Ft. Bragg, 10th SFG Bad Tolz, 5th SFG Nam, 34 Years South Bend Police and retired. Should be fishin but I'm on here!
dunk50

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:55 pm

If you talk about the department, even on your own time and it is construed as detrimental to the department you are subject to discipline up to and including dismissal. They passed this for those that got too unhappy with the political appointees being so incompetent and speaking about it.

This is why I love the Southbendforum. You don't have to use your own name and the owners will protect ID's. Sniadecki tried to have me fired several years ago for comments (true ones) and opinions made on this forum. Fortunately, he is a coward and an idiot and pressured the Superintendent into going to the School where he thought I was teaching. He showed what an idiot he is by making all these false accusations about 'Happy Mom' using school computers, making derogatory statements about a School Board member, etc. I was not employed by the School, had not been there in over a year, and we hired an attorney that was going to take that illiterate coward to the cleaners but decided he wasn't worth the time or effort. He has been silenced by Parent and the Dem's and he doesn't have woman to bully and harass. He is scared of Parent and the other machine soldiers on the Board..
I hope SBU comes on the SBF with a new alias and feels free to have the courage to speak out on what is going on in this "dying town."
Happy Mom

PreviousNext

Return to South Bend