backstageadd ND

Blair Hills

Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Plymouth, etc.

Blair Hills

Postby eascheetz » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:59 am

So my husband and I are still doing some heavy house hunting. We put a bid on an adorable ranch near ND and had to compete for it and it didn't work out in our favor. We found another house that has everything were looking for (3 bedrooms, 2 somewhat modern baths, updated kitchen, mature trees, decent sized yard with neighbors not too close, non-cookie cutter house...) in Blair Hills. We love the fact that the association fee covers the tennis courts/pool/walking trails because we love the great outdoors!

Any reviews on this area? Good, bad, or just plain ugly? We are so ready to try again with the home buying process!
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. -Jimi Hendrix
eascheetz

Re: Blair Hills

Postby lovechild » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:32 am

I have a friend who lived in Blair Hills, she loved it. She recently moved because she got re-married and they bought a new house. According to her, it is a very safe community and everybody watches out for everybody. Good Luck!
"Love the life you live, live the life you love."
lovechild

Postby southsider » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:23 pm

Blair Hills is gorgeous and has a lot of character. I love the topography, location, & wooded setting.

It is a great time to buy and you have been in the market long enough and I am guessing have toured plenty of homes, if you have the feeling that this could be "the one" go for it.

Good luck and keep us posted!
southsider

Postby eascheetz » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:29 pm

We just took a tour of the neighborhood since yesterday we just looked at a bunch of houses w/the Realtor. I really like what we saw. We want to go back and look at the house again before putting a bid in.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. -Jimi Hendrix
eascheetz

Postby Don Wheeler » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:25 pm

eascheetz wrote:So my husband and I are still doing some heavy house hunting. We put a bid on an adorable ranch near ND and had to compete for it and it didn't work out in our favor. We found another house that has everything were looking for (3 bedrooms, 2 somewhat modern baths, updated kitchen, mature trees, decent sized yard with neighbors not too close, non-cookie cutter house...) in Blair Hills. We love the fact that the association fee covers the tennis courts/pool/walking trails because we love the great outdoors!

Any reviews on this area? Good, bad, or just plain ugly? We are so ready to try again with the home buying process!

You will want to get the home inspected. I've looked at several, and the condition varies a lot. The topography (water runoff) and heavy shade work against houses. Some designs have worked well, others - not so much. Nice surroundings, but be careful.
Want what you have
Do what you can
Be who you are
- Forrest Church
Don Wheeler

Postby eascheetz » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:23 am

Well, this one got away from us...couldn't come to terms with the roof....so back to the looking board! Thanks for everyone's input though!
eascheetz

Return to Michiana Area