backstageadd ND

What is with this Weather?

Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Plymouth, etc.

What is with this Weather?

Postby Happy Mom » Sun May 29, 2011 4:24 pm

Crap!! I'm going South again.... this weather is so depressing... I also feel like the constant sirens going off is like "crying wolf." :? :roll:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: What is with this Weather?

Postby johndobee » Sun May 29, 2011 5:05 pm

It's like living in the Pacific Northwest!! Last nights rain was unreal. It just poured for HOURS!!
I get the siren thing though. I was heading for home before the storm hit and couldn't believe how many people were out biking, jogging, walking and just acting like there wasn't a potential weather event 15 mins. away. Like everything else, our society is FULL of people who are completely oblivious to what is going on around them at any given moment. The sirens blaring is meant for them. Giving them a little heads up and hopefully taking their mouth off the bong long enough to become curious as to what may be happening.
Conservative Union Member (yes, there are lots of us).
johndobee

Postby bdcbbq » Sun May 29, 2011 7:56 pm

That's why I like Weaather Bug Elite. It warns you everywhere w/o the hype.

I grew up south of Joplin and know at least one person who lost there home. We all get punished because or the clueless. Plus they vote on the left.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby bob_rx2000 » Sun May 29, 2011 9:07 pm

I heard (on ABC-57) that the first sounding of the sirens today in St. Joseph County was a "test". I truly hope that isn't the case as it would be the absolutely dumbest time possible to "test" with the most flimsy possible reasoning. However considering the "leadership" we have in this county, it is wholly believable.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby Doe » Mon May 30, 2011 7:51 am

johndobee wrote: Giving them a little heads up and hopefully taking their mouth off the bong long enough to become curious as to what may be happening.
lolololololol
Doe

Postby Informed Citizen » Tue May 31, 2011 8:12 am

But climate change is certainly not a topic that needs to be addressed...
Informed Citizen

Postby Happy Mom » Tue May 31, 2011 8:27 am

Informed Citizen wrote:But climate change is certainly not a topic that needs to be addressed...

I hope you aren't referring to that wacko Al Gore? :lol: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Spider » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:17 am

Yeah, we should listen to politicians that actually know their science, like Ms. Bachmann!

"As a matter of fact, carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful!
But there isn’t even one study that can be produced that shows carbon dioxide is a harmful gas. There isn’t one such study because carbon dioxide is not a harmful gas, it is a harmless gas. Carbon dioxide is natural. It is not harmful. It is part of Earth’s life cycle."
-- Michele Bachmann, April 22, 2009

Freaking Carbon Monoxide detectors...ripping off the poor American public...how do they sleep at night... :naughty:
Spider

Postby raycyrx » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:21 pm

Informed Citizen wrote:But climate change is certainly not a topic that needs to be addressed...

What do you propose we do to control the weather?

Freaking Carbon Monoxide detectors...ripping off the poor American public...how do they sleep at night.

Perhaps you should re-read what Bachman actually said instead of reacting to what you think she said.
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Postby bob_rx2000 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Not by anyone closely connected to government, that is certain. How can we possibly trust anything said or developed with funding from self-interested and self-perpetuating groups such as "big science" and "big government"?
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Next

Return to Michiana Area