backstageadd ND

Gas Leak ......AGAIN!

Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Plymouth, etc.

Gas Leak ......AGAIN!

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Contractor ruptures three gas lines in Mishawaka
Mishawaka, Ind.
A contractor ruptured three gas lines in Mishawaka on Monday.

Reporter: Kelly Taylor
Email Address: kelly.taylor@wndu.com

A contractor ruptured three gas lines in Mishawaka on Monday.

A contractor removing concrete at the intersection of Mishawaka Avenue and Edgewater struck a valve on a six-inch gas line that connected three other lines.

NIPSCO and police are on the scene, but it could be several hours until the gas leak is fixed.

Mishawaka Avenue is closed from Elm Street to Indiana Avenue, and that includes the Mishawaka Avenue street bridge.

The leak is expected to be fixed sometime Monday night.

http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines ... 66033.html
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Gas Leak ......AGAIN!

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:52 am

Gas leak forces evacuation of South Bend neighborhood

By Jenny Dolph

Story Created: Oct 3, 2011 at 7:25 PM EDT

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- A gas leak forced the evacuation of a South Bend neighborhood on Monday.

NIPSCO and fire crews responded to the corner of Willow Street and East Mishawaka Avenue around 10:30 a.m.

As they worked to cap the leak, police blocked off roads and a bridge in the area.

The problem has been fixed.

There is no word yet on what exactly caused the gas leak. :?
http://www.abc57.com/news/local/Gas-lea ... 19068.html
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Dr. Nick » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:28 am

Why are these contractors digging with impunity? If I want to put a sprinkler system in my back yard, NIPSCO expects me to call ahead (three business days, I believe). :naughty:
This message has not been approved or paid for by Butch Morgan or the Democratic Machine.
Dr. Nick

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:33 pm

Dr. Nick wrote:Why are these contractors digging with impunity? If I want to put a sprinkler system in my back yard, NIPSCO expects me to call ahead (three business days, I believe). :naughty:

You're correct and I also wonder what kind of people they are hiring to continue to be this incompetent... :shock: :naughty: :hand:
Happy Mom

Postby Dr. Nick » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:58 pm

If one could be bothered, one could compile a list of the gas leak emergencies in the South Bend area just in the past two to three years. I would bet that the vast majority came as a result of construction contractors, street crews, tree trimming crews (in one case) and other "professionals" who apparently just started digging without going through the proper channels (i.e. NIPSCO).
This message has not been approved or paid for by Butch Morgan or the Democratic Machine.
Dr. Nick

Postby Wilson » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Do these people get fined? Have to pay to have the lines repaired?
Wilson

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:16 am

Gas leak causes traffic headaches in South Bend

By Jenny Dolph

Story Updated: Jan 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM EST

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- A gas leak caused some traffic headaches in South Bend on Monday morning.

Demolition crews hit a gas line around 11 a.m. at the corner of South Bend Ave. and Burns St.

They were tearing down Wayne Curry's old house at the time.

If his name sounds familiar, that's because he is a former candidate for South Bend mayor.

Crews said the gas line was not marked properly.

The road was closed off for a couple of hours.
:shock: :doh: :naughty:
http://www.abc57.com/news/local/Gas-lea ... 65819.html
Happy Mom

Return to Michiana Area