backstageadd ND

Baby Needs Our Prayers

Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Plymouth, etc.

Baby Needs Our Prayers

Postby southsider » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:10 pm

This is sad and scary. A freak accident like this could happen to anyone. Prayers are needed for this little guy, his father, and his family. Hope the little guy makes a full recovery....

Quoting SB Tribune:
LAKEVILLE — A 15-month-old Lakeville area boy was transported to Riley Children’s Hospital in Indianapolis today for injuries suffered when he was hit by a truck in his family’s driveway, police say.

Police responded to 66725 Juniper Road in southern St. Joseph County about 10:15 a.m. and found the boy in his father’s arms, conscious and breathing.

According to the father, the boy was standing with him at the rear of his pickup while he was unhitching a trailer in the driveway of the residence. Once the trailer was unhitched, the father sent the boy up to the house and went to move the pickup, according to a police report.

Unknown to the father, the boy had run around the other side of the truck and was near the driver side front corner of the pickup as the father started to move forward. He felt some resistance and immediately backed up. He reportedly exited his vehicle and found his son laying on the ground, crying.

It is not believed at this time that the little boy was actually run over by the vehicle, police say. Instead, it appears that boy was knocked down by the front of the truck and that the tire may have come in contact with his body, putting some pressure on him.

Full story:
http://www.southbendtribune.com/sbt-chi ... 2781.story
southsider

Re: Baby Needs Our Prayers

Postby Ideal Baloney » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:01 pm

Freak accident, my ass. Is a 15 month old even capable of comprehending and executing a command like "Go in the house"? Why didn't the father carry him inside before moving the vehicle? If the story is indeed true and he didn't fabricate it to cover up physical abuse, then the guy should be charged with child negligence.
Ideal Baloney

Postby johndobee » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:53 pm

Ideal Baloney wrote:Freak accident, my ass. Is a 15 month old even capable of comprehending and executing a command like "Go in the house"? Why didn't the father carry him inside before moving the vehicle? If the story is indeed true and he didn't fabricate it to cover up physical abuse, then the guy should be charged with child negligence.

You have a point, but I immediately thought that this guy could be dealing with his first child. My God, how ignorant/naive were most of us with our first born?? At 15 months this kid could be following all types of simple commands. This time he didn't, and this father didn't think about it another second. Tragic as hell, and I'm sure the family has suffered a bad scare. Thankfully I'm betting this little guy comes out ok in the end.
Conservative Union Member (yes, there are lots of us).
johndobee

Postby Ideal Baloney » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:00 pm

I didn't start following simple commands until I was 15 ... years old. Still don't follow them very well.
Ideal Baloney

Postby SouthBendInvestor » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:03 am

Ideal Baloney wrote:Freak accident, my ass. Is a 15 month old even capable of comprehending and executing a command like "Go in the house"? Why didn't the father carry him inside before moving the vehicle? If the story is indeed true and he didn't fabricate it to cover up physical abuse, then the guy should be charged with child negligence.

Your an icicle.. and I think that maybe we should run you over with a truck instead.. the worlds needs less people like you.
SouthBendInvestor

Postby Buck Wheat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:19 am

SouthBendInvestor wrote:

Your an icicle.. and I think that maybe we should run you over with a truck instead.. the worlds needs less people like you.

SBI: First you threatened to kill Mayor Luecke and now you want to murder IB? You need psychiatric intervention. Your wife should take the kid and disappear ... before it's too late.

:whistle:
Buck Wheat

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Buck Wheat wrote:
SouthBendInvestor wrote:

SBI: First you threatened to kill Mayor Luecke and now you want to murder IB? You need psychiatric intervention. Your wife should take the kid and disappear ... before it's too late.

:whistle:

I love you Buck.... :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Return to Michiana Area