backstageadd ND

ANOTHER BUSINESS SHUTS DOORS

Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Plymouth, etc.

Re: ANOTHER BUSINESS SHUTS DOORS

Postby Xynonyx » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Circling around again to the topic of watches, and U.S. business trends, I recently purchased a Hamilton watch -- first timed I’ve owned the brand. Among the paperwork that came with it, and scattered around the company’s website is the tag line, “Hamilton, The American Brand since 1892.” Of course, Hamilton is owned by the Swatch Group, of Switzerland, and has been for who knows how long now. Claim anything -- just get the product out the door…

A few weeks ago I bought a new pair of glasses. The optometrist office in South Bend literally did not have a single model of frame anything close to the shape and style I wear that wasn’t made in China. Not one. A couple of years prior when purchasing my previous pair the branch of the different local vision place I got my exam from had no non-Chinese frames, and the second branch of the chain had one, single frame not made in China: a model from Japan, which I gladly snapped up (unfortunately, a few months back I scratched up these frames badly enough to require replacing them).

As recently as a decade or so back it seems most of the frames I would look at in showrooms were manufactured in either the US or France. Just one more example of this society seriously undermining its future…
Xynonyx

Previous

Return to Michiana Area