backstageadd ND

Michiana Child Abuse

Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Plymouth, etc.

Michiana Child Abuse

Postby southsider » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:01 pm

I felt that we should keep track of the local child abuse cases being reported on, in addition to area crime.

This article makes me want to vomit. This man is a pure monster. To think these poor children were abused to these extremes is just disgusting. Neighbors, if you have the slightest thought that there may be abuse, please report it.

I HOPE THIS BASTARD ROTS IN HELL SLOWLY.

UPDATE: South Bend father charged with beating 10-year-old son to death
Share150
TOM MOOR
South Bend Tribune Staff Writer
4:34 p.m. EDT, November 4, 2011

SOUTH BEND — Veteran St. Joseph County homicide detectives Tim Corbett and Dave Wells have investigated some tough cases over the years.

But none they said, perhaps, touched them more than the Friday morning death of 10-year-old Tramelle Sturgis, who was found unresponsive and not breathing at about 3:30 a.m. in his family’s West Washington Street home, after a night of reported abuse from his father.

Related

Metro homicide investigating pair of cases
Tramelle suffered from numerous injuries, both new and old, including a broken arm and leg, authorities say. He had numerous bruises over his entire body, some of them fresh, including scars and marks that appeared to be welts from a switch or whip.

He was pronounced dead Friday morning at a local hospital.

Tramelle’s father, 35-year-old Terry Sturgis, was arrested and charged with murder; battery, a Class A felony; and battery, a Class C felony. He is in the St. Joseph County Jail.

Corbett, clearly affected from the day’s investigation, described the abuse the boy endured as extreme.

"In almost 37 years of police work, if this is not the worst, it’s probably one or two," Corbett said.

"It’s absolutely appalling the abuse this child took. Be glad you don’t have to see what I did. It’s one of the most horrendous crimes I’ve seen." DIDNT ANYONE NOTICE? TEACHERS? NEIGHBORS? FAMILY?

Added Wells: "It makes you sick to your stomach."

An autopsy on Tramelle was being conducted late Friday to determine the exact cause of death.

Police say there were nine children, ranging in age from 4 to 14, living at the home at 1130 W. Washington. All of them were present at the time of the alleged abuse. GOD HELP THESE CHILDREN THEY WATCHED THEIR FATHER MURDER THEIR BROTHER....

Terry Sturgis’ oldest son, who is 14, told police that he and Tramelle were beaten by their father for hours during the night with a wooden club, according to charging documents.

At one point, according to the charges, Terry Sturgis used duct tape to restrain the boys. The oldest son told police that Tramelle was beaten until he collapsed and lost consciousness, and said his brother never woke back up.

The eldest won was also taken to an area hospital for numerous injuries, authorities say, including for welts and bruises across his back, consistent with being hit with a club. He reportedly had duct tape residue on his wrists, and a laceration on his head consistent with a blow from a club.

Terry Sturgis at first told police that he found Tramelle at the bottom of the stairs not moving and claimed that he was not responsible for any of Tramelle’s injuries, according to the charges. He later admitted, police say, he had beaten both sons that night, using clubs and belts to hit the boy.

He still claimed that Tramelle had fallen down the stairs, but admitted he was responsible for his injuries, police say. He also reportedly admitted that he made the oldest son begin to clean up with a mop.

"The father offered a litany of lies," Corbett said.

Police reportedly found blood spatters in the basement where the alleged violence occurred. Authorities found a mop and bucket; and some blood had already been cleaned up, police say.

Authorities also say they found strips of duct tape in a trash can, bloody towels and a wooden club with a handle.

The children are in the care of the St. Joseph County Family Violence Unit, and an investigation has been launched to see if there was additional abuse with other children.

Corbett said the abuse the boys endured Friday was not an "isolated incident" and that processing the scene could lead to additional charges.

Corbett added there is still a lot of work to be done at the house, and a police presence will likely be there for the next day or so.

He hoped, if anything good can come of it, a case such as this would be a cry to the community to report such violence.

"If this was a third-world country, the father already would be dead," Corbett said. "It was that bad." I am sure this could be arranged..

Staff writer Tom Moor:
tmoor@sbtinfo.com
574-235-6234
Copyright © 2011, South Bend Tribune

http://www.southbendtribune.com/sbt-fat ... 2211.story
southsider

Re: Michiana Child Abuse

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:35 pm

I'm physically sick jut reading about it... :cry: I hope this animal is subjected to the worse torture the prison system has to offer. I also hope Mike Dvorak doesn't screw up this case and the sicko gets a slap on the wrist... :violence-smack: :violence-smack: :violence-stickwhack:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:57 pm

Family speaks out after father is charged in son's death

By CLIFTON FRENCH WSBT-TV Reporter

10:44 p.m. EDT, November 5, 2011

SOUTH BEND – For the vast majority of the day Saturday, police continued to maintain a presence outside the home where a South Bend 10-year-old named Tramelle Sturgis died. The boy's father, 35-year-old Terry Sturgis, is in jail charged with murdering his son.

Police discovered the vicious crime early Friday morning in the 1100 block of West Washington Street where Sturgis lived. According to court documents, Sturgis beat Tramelle and his 14-year-old brother with a club and his fists, even restraining them with duct tape. The 14-year-old survived but was sent to the hospital, Tramelle did not.

Sturgis' cousins live just down the road from where the crime happened. They say they can't believe what has come of their family.

"I just lost my mind, on Friday I lost my mind," said Theodore Ervin, Sturgis' cousin.
"I feel angry, depressed, every night I cry."

Ervin and his mother, Denise Ervin, say they didn't see any signs that Sturgis could be abusing his children. They both say they noticed the kids fighting each other but never saw anything to indicate Sturgis was being physical.

Denise Ervin says she did notice bumps on one of the children before, but she was told he was involved in a fight at school.

The Ervin's say Sturgis seemed like he was a good father.

"He took them in, all those kids he took in," Denise Ervin said.

Sturgis lives in the home on West Washington Street with his mother and 9 children.

The Ervins describe Tramelle as a quite child who loved to draw and play video games.

"He was a nice kid, he always be having fun with his brothers and sisters," Theodore Ervin said.

Sturgis is being charged with one count of murder and two counts of battery.
http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/sb ... ?track=rss
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby southsider » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:06 pm

Rumor has it CPS is no stranger to this home, what happened that the children were not removed?

SOUTH BEND, Ind. – At school Tramelle Strugis was talkative, outgoing, known to his peers as the class clown.
“He was funny, like usually during reading he would play a lot,” Ulani Green said, she has gone to school with Tramelle since kindergarten.

The fifth grader said at lunch the boys and girls sit at different tables, but Tramelle would always come to her table to talk.

Green lives right behind the Sturgis’ house, she used to see Tramelle and his brothers and sisters a lot, “They used to come outside and ask to play with us.”

Then, about a year ago things began to change, “It started when we were in the fourth grade,” Green said.

That’s when Tramelle stopped playing outside, Green said he was rarely even outside at all.

Around that same time the boy started to miss school and when he was there Green said he was often covered in bruises.

“I remember the first time last year when he wore shorts and you could see the bruises all the way down his legs,” she said.

At school Tramelle was still the same friendly boy Green had grown up with, “Yea, he would talk a lot at school,” she said.

But every day, twice a day all of that would change, “In the mornings and in the afternoons,” Green said. “Like when it’s time to go home, as soon as we got off the bus.”

On the bus to and from school the 10-year-old boy would get quiet and shy away from everyone around him.

“I’d talk to him in the morning and he wouldn’t answer, he would just sit there,” Green said.

Green said her friend didn’t ever seem to want to go home, “I think he was afraid.”

Sometimes, Green said Tramelle would be absent for up to a week at time, when he returned he would be covered in bruises.

She remembered the time, just a couple months ago after a string of absences Tramelle came back to school with a broken arm.

“He said he had just slept on it funny and that’s how it broke,” Green said.

Last week she noticed he had bruises on his hands, Green said, “I just thought he fell again because that’s what he always said, he said he fell a lot.”

The fifth grader said Tramelle was only in school on Monday and Tuesday, on Friday he was found unresponsive in his home, the 10-year-old was pronounced dead at the hospital.

According to court documents, 35-year-old Terry Sturgis beat Tramelle for hours. The boy was bound with duct tape, hit repeatedly with a club and his father’s fists.

Terry Sturgis has been arrested, held at the St. Joseph County Jailhe faces murder charges.

http://www.abc57.com/home/top-stories/B ... 42943.html
southsider

Postby Buck Wheat » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:22 pm

Sturgis looks like a thug version of MAGILLA GORILLA Image ...

ImageImage
ImageImage

:whistle:
Buck Wheat

Postby southsider » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Buck Wheat wrote:Sturgis looks like a thug version of MAGILLA GORILLA Image ...

ImageImage
ImageImage

He also looks like a dead man walking.

Does he have a facebook???
southsider

Postby Buck Wheat » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Terrible Terry's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/magicmanterry

His mama screeched on the news that "my son is NOT A MONSTER" ...

Buck Wheat

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:10 pm

Buck Wheat wrote:Terrible Terry's Facebook page:

This is his quotation,
with these hands i give you my heart and i crown it with my love

How ironic and sick that with those hands he destroyed his child...... :cry: :liar:
Happy Mom

Postby southsider » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:20 pm

Buck Wheat wrote:Terrible Terry's Facebook page:

What a trash bag.....
One of his family members is throwing up gang signs in a photo, and she looks pretty young. Also a pic of the 14 year old who was also beat that night... :cry:

Check out this gem:

Terry Sturgis
“Pain makes man think. Thought makes man wise. Wisdom makes life endurable.”
Share · November 28, 2010 at 4:44pm via mobile ·
southsider

Postby dunk50 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Happy Mom wrote:I'm physically sick jut reading about it... :cry: I hope this animal is subjected to the worse torture the prison system has to offer. I also hope Mike Dvorak doesn't screw up this case and the sicko gets a slap on the wrist... :violence-smack: :violence-smack: :violence-stickwhack:

HM, I won't say it's not all this animals fault but society has to take some blame also.
Years ago my partner and I were sent to a house in this very area. The dispatch was about a screaming / crying baby. Upon arrival and knocking on the door the only occupant adult make came to the door. In his hand was a 1"X1"X18" stick with blood and MEAT attached to it. We entered and found the 11 month old beat absolutely bloody. Everything was FRESH!! Arrested him and later went to court. The mother of the baby came to court to protect her boyfriend. She testified she had beat the baby 5 hours earlier before going to work. JURY (read society) bought the BS story and came back with not guilty. Mother was later charged and ordered to attend anger management!! Happens more than you want to know.
The baby was not fathered by the boyfriend but another badazz lowlife in town. It was rumored that someone called him out (on TX) for letting this thug beat HIS CHILD and get away with it. Sometime later there was a little street justice. GUILTY :clap:
Military at 17, 7th SFG Ft. Bragg, 10th SFG Bad Tolz, 5th SFG Nam, 34 Years South Bend Police and retired. Should be fishin but I'm on here!
dunk50

Next

Return to Michiana Area