backstageadd ND

Michiana Child Abuse

Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Plymouth, etc.

Re: Michiana Child Abuse

Postby bdcbbq » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:56 am

It is not written policy, but I can guarantee you that the social workers investigating child abuse and neglect have pressure from their administrators to prevent the spending of funds on services. There is probably criteria that is difficult to meet and they are expected to not meet it in "borderline" cases.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby Happy Mom » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:00 am

bdcbbq wrote:It is not written policy, but I can guarantee you that the social workers investigating child abuse and neglect have pressure from their administrators to prevent the spending of funds on services. There is probably criteria that is difficult to meet and they are expected to not meet it in "borderline" cases.

But doesn't something like the Sturgis case, totally destroy morale and credibility?
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby bdcbbq » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:33 am

Happy Mom wrote:
bdcbbq wrote:It is not written policy, but I can guarantee you that the social workers investigating child abuse and neglect have pressure from their administrators to prevent the spending of funds on services. There is probably criteria that is difficult to meet and they are expected to not meet it in "borderline" cases.

But doesn't something like the Sturgis case, totally destroy morale and credibility?

Yes, these and lesser incidents erode the energy, enthusiasm, and idealism of the workers. No one gets in this field for the money its an internal desire to make changes and help others. Add the guilt that happens because you went along against your principles and will also be the one blamed for the failure of the system your moral goes down the crapper. Most of the helping professions such as teachers, nurses, police officers, etc. fight this regularly. I'm sure you have faced these same challenges. I know others here have too.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:44 am

Daycare center closes over rape allegations
33-year-old Jason Orr charged

By Ryan Klund - rklund@abc57.com

Story Updated: Nov 23, 2011 at 8:58 PM EST

BENTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. - A daycare center was shut down Tuesday in Benton Township by the Michigan Department of Human Services after rape charges were filed against a man who lives there.33-year-old Jason Orr is accused of raping an 11-year-old girl multiple times at the Aloha Daycare Center on Zollar Street. Orr’s lived with his grandmother, the daycare’s licensed caregiver.

Orr faces four counts of criminal sexual conduct. According to court documents obtained by ABC 57 News, the 11-year-old victim claims Orr raped and molested her several times over the span of four years both at the daycare and at a public park nearby.
According to family, Orr is deaf and suffers from a mental disorder. They deny the allegations.
A spokesperson with the Michigan Department of Human Services in Lansing said Wednesday a nine-day investigation has been going on into the daycare center and the license was revoked Tuesday.
It is unknown if there are any more victims. According to documents, Orr admitted to kissing a 4-year-old girl on the lips.
Aloha Daycare Center has been open for 23 years and has served countless children.

Orr has a court appearance scheduled for November 28th.
http://www.abc57.com/news/local/Daycare-134434693.html
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby southsider » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:41 pm

yet another reason why i am terrified at the thought of sending my daughter to a day care. I would rather she be unsocialized than be at risk for molestation and other abuse.
southsider

Postby John Q Public » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:42 pm

southsider wrote:
John Q Public wrote:I still haven't heard any announcements from Prosecutor Michael Dvorak that he will be filing the death penalty. :whistle: :whistle: That is the only punishment that will fit this crime.

AMEN TO THAT!

FULLY SUPPORT THE NEEDLE FOR THE DAD AND LIFE FOR THE GRANDMOTHER.

Maybe I missed the announcement, but Dvorak IS filing the Death Penalty on this case, right?????
If you like your health insurance, you can keep it. --- Barack Hussein Obama
John Q Public

Location: Somewhere in a tall building in downtown South Bend

Postby bdcbbq » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:55 pm

John Q Public wrote:
southsider wrote:
John Q Public wrote:I still haven't heard any announcements from Prosecutor Michael Dvorak that he will be filing the death penalty. :whistle: :whistle: That is the only punishment that will fit this crime.

AMEN TO THAT!

FULLY SUPPORT THE NEEDLE FOR THE DAD AND LIFE FOR THE GRANDMOTHER.

Maybe I missed the announcement, but Dvorak IS filing the Death Penalty on this case, right?????

It would be all over the news if he had. HM or SS would post that info immediately.
bdcbbq

bdcbbq

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:01 pm

It would be all over the news if he had. HM or SS would post that info immediately.

You bet we would!! Where is the local media? Why aren't they pursuing Dvorak and asking him about the Death Penalty is these very appropriate cases....?
Happy Mom

Postby bdcbbq » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Happy Mom wrote:

You bet we would!! Where is the local media? Why aren't they pursuing Dvorak and asking him about the Death Penalty is these very appropriate cases....?

Between tattoos and Maureen's Medical Moment they don't have time.
bdcbbq

bdcbbq

Postby gingerjenny » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:31 pm

As a victim of child abuse I know all too well what these poor kids went through. CPS was called on my mother. We had a 5 minute interview with a social worker where my sister and I both lied. Said, no there wasn't any abuse. We were terrified of being separated from each other as well as what would happen to us if we told and then went back home. Before the interview our mother coached us and told us if we told we would never see her or each other again and we would go into foster care.

The system sucks. We of course never heard from cps again after that and the abuse continued.
gingerjenny

PreviousNext

Return to Michiana Area