backstageadd ND

Meet Paul Emmick

Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Plymouth, etc.

Meet Paul Emmick

Postby bdcbbq » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:52 am

I'm curious as to why Cari Peugeot is not the new Chief Meteorologist. I would have thought she was a lock unless she didn't want the job. OTOH, she may have a heck of a discrimination lawsuit.

Meet Paul Emmick

Meteorologist Paul Emmick has been named Chief Meteorologist at WSBT-TV. Many viewers may remember Paul from his seven years at the Weather Channel based in Atlanta. He has also worked in local television markets forecasting and tracking storms in Indianapolis, Louisville and Evansville for over sixteen years.

Paul will forecast on WSBT News at 5, 5:30, 6, 10 and 11 as well as the South Bend Tribune and WSBT radio stations – Sunny 101.5, News Radio 960 WSBT, Real Country 99.9 and WZOC-FM. Paul’s first day on air will be Monday, November 28 at 5 p.m. on WSBT News.

“I’m excited to be in Michiana and look forward to the lake effect snow forecasting,” Paul said. “This area is meteorologically unique. WSBT has a great history of taking weather seriously to keep families safe and I can’t wait for the challenge! I’m excited to meet every one of our viewers in the years ahead.”

In addition to being a meteorologist, Paul has a master’s degree in organizational communication as well as a law degree.

bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Re: Meet Paul Emmick

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:28 am

He has a law degree? What???
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Ideal Baloney » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:33 am

He looks like a lardass version of Ricky Mecklenburg.
Ideal Baloney

Postby Cull.D.Sack » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:30 am

Lots of people, far too many in fact, have law degrees.
Cull.D.Sack

Postby Kingsman » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:13 am

IB: I'm thinking Ed Schultz, MSNBC's thug commentator.
Kingsman

Postby Bingo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:15 am

Another Home Town person....NOT.. :think:
Bingo

Postby bdcbbq » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:06 pm

I'm still wondering why Cari wasn't promoted. I'm sure they would have been paying her less. She doesn't have his experience. I think they made a bad decision. It is possible neither Cari nor Abbey wanted or applied for they job.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Return to Michiana Area