backstageadd ND

Will Occupy come to Beutter Park?

Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Plymouth, etc.

Will Occupy come to Beutter Park?

Postby Kingsman » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:43 pm

Remarks to the Mishawaka Common Council
Dec. 5, 2011

The Occupy South Bend group ended its squatters’ encampment just east of the Morris Civic last week, but not before issuing a defiant statement that their next target, in a few months, will be either Niles or Mishawaka.

I wrote to Mayor Wood two weeks ago, warning that a likely site for an Occupy protest would be Beutter Park. Imagine the harm that would threaten public health and safety and the businesses in the downtown. Occupy would trash the park and surrounding area. Given the experience of New York City, Oakland, and Portland, among dozens of cities, Mishawaka authorities must not let a single tent be set up or a single protestor spend the night in the park.

Did you know that Occupy South Bend never had any kind of permit to set up their camp? When I talked with the leader, Jonathan, three weeks ago, he told me that the South Bend Legal Department assured him, “If you have any difficulties, just call us.” Clearly Mayor Luecke was sympathetic to the Occupy movement, a toxic development in our culture that goes well beyond freedom of speech and freedom of assembly.

I urge the Council to take a fresh look at the ordinances for Buetter Park—anf for any other site in the city, such as Merrifield Park, to make sure that a group not be allowed to squat on City property. Any public meeting of Occupy should be no longer than a few specified hours and the group must take out a bond for any extraordinary cleanup expenses. No tents or other structures are to be allowed on public property.

The Mayor, Council, police and fire departments, and other authorities must prepare for an Occupy invasion of Mishawaka. One can only wonder at the horrified reaction of Princess Mishawaka if she were to witness the overt law-breaking and public urination that seem to accompany the Occupy protest. Surely she would blush in shame—and possibly contract dysentery.

Jim Cierzniak

I talked with Mayor Wood after the meeting and was assured that Occupy would not be able to set up a camp in Mishawaka. He doesn't share my view that Beutter Park is a natural site if Occupy decides to come to Mishawaka. I can't think of a better one.
Kingsman

Re: Will Occupy come to Beutter Park?

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:04 pm

OUTSTANDING REMARKS!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby BobbyBeetleMishawaka » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:19 am

BobbyB believes that Mayor Bob himself will take care of any vagrants that try to set up shop in Beutter Park.
THE ONLY REASON
TO BE AGAINST VOTER ID
IS IF YOU SUPPORT VOTER FRAUD.

-- Bill Adams
BobbyBeetleMishawaka

Postby johndobee » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:40 am

I walk down there sometimes and on more than one occasion I've seen park visitors taking matters into their own hands when someone causes problems. I don't think "occupiers" will find the same welcoming/ignoring atmosphere at Beutter and Battel that they found in S. Bend. S. Bend after all, is used to the lazy, and shiftless wandering the downtown area.
Conservative Union Member (yes, there are lots of us).
johndobee

Postby backstagedee » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:10 am

johndobee wrote: S. Bend after all, is used to the lazy, and shiftless wandering the downtown area.

No fear Johnny, those are just the parking nazis.
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Postby Happy Mom » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:02 pm

backstagedee wrote:
johndobee wrote: S. Bend after all, is used to the lazy, and shiftless wandering the downtown area.

No fear Johnny, those are just the parking nazis.

:clap: :clap: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: That is so true!!!
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Return to Michiana Area