backstageadd ND

Bayer / Feed The Children

Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Plymouth, etc.

Bayer / Feed The Children

Postby johndobee » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:25 pm

http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines/Former_Bayer_buildings_to_be_demolished_137913178.html?storySection=story
Does this seem weird to anyone else? Once again, I'm more puzzled by the local news medias inability to question than anything else.
Why would FTC be paying to demolish this enormous property? Aren't we talking about one huge deconstruction bill? Do they really have that much cash on hand to just offer this so easily? I mean, after all, they are a non profit org.
Their new address isn't Elkhart St. It's Elkhart East Blvd. near the intersection of CR 6 and CR 17. It's a MUCH newer and nicer building formerly occupied by a business supply company that went under quite suddenly last year.
Could this be a quid pro quo deal between the city and FTC? That's fine if it is I suppose, but shouldn't the particulars have raised questions to the news reporter?
One question I would have about this is what's the condition of the groundwater around this old Miles Laboratories factory? Should this have been EPA inspected, or has it been? If so, what is the condition? Does this deal circumvent them altogether? In other words, is it an "end around" something that would have been problematic for a private company looking to raze, and rebuild on this multi acre property?
Lets face it, Miles Labs was there cooking Speedy for decades. Many of those decades were pre-EPA days. I'd be very suprised if there wasn't something there that this deal doesn't help smooth over.
The three eyed squirrels scampering down Randolph St. seem to think so.
Conservative Union Member (yes, there are lots of us).
johndobee

Re: Bayer / Feed The Children

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:08 pm

The three eyed squirrels scampering down Randolph St. seem to think so.

I just wet my pants reading that last line..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Bayer / Feed The Children

Postby backstagedee » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:41 pm

I have an acquaintance who was involved with FTC when it was there. There always seemed to be something strange about the whole thing. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but there seemed to be a lot of money floating around and being put to somewhat odd uses. I'm not crying foul, but I chose other charities to support...
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Return to Michiana Area