backstageadd ND

Bridal Store Closes?

Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Plymouth, etc.

Bridal Store Closes?

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:40 am

Granger wedding boutique closes unexpectedly, brides worry about dresses ordered
Brides a la Mode closes temporarily causing concern for brides in the midst of planning their weddings.

Reporter: Stephanie Stang
Email Address: stephanie.stang@wndu.com
Granger wedding boutique closes unexpectedly, brides worry about dresses ordered

A Granger wedding boutique unexpectedly closes its doors causing wedding woes for brides around Michiana.

The owner says it’s only temporary while brides are worried about their plans for the big day.
:liar:

Tuesday morning the owner of Brides a la Mode, Kathy Strukel, said brides had nothing to be worried about and the store will remain open. While brides say they can’t get in touch with anyone at the store and are concerned about the status of their dress orders.

This weekend customers say it was business as usual at the boutique at the City Plaza in Granger.

On Monday a sign was posted saying the store was closed until February 15th for inventory and remodeling. The owner says they are downsizing and will rent one space instead of two.

She also says she's contacted all of the customers about their dresses.

However two brides Newscenter Sixteen talked with say they put money down on their dresses and don't know where the dresses are in the ordering process. The two brides say they’ve tried calling, emailing, and stopping by the store multiple times.

“Even though my wedding is nine months away, I thought I had a dress,” says bride Kelsey Jones. “Now I don't I have a dress and by the time it comes in, it may be too late to order a dress.”

“I'm out of a dress right now and they said different people are involved and I’m just concerned,” says bride Sarah Burlick, getting married in June. “I don't know if I should start looking for another dress. I want my money back if not and just go from there.”

Brides a la Mode has been around for a few years now. They sell everything from dresses to flowers to honeymoon packages. Brides with weddings around the corner are worried about what to expect from the business.

Brides are hoping the owner will contact them soon. However Strukel failed to show up for an interview with Newscenter Sixteen on Tuesday. :think:

Plus phone calls were not returned by the landlord, Ryan Rans.
http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/138437029.html
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Bridal Store Closes?

Postby John Q Public » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:00 am

Have you seen this person? She owes lots of deposit money to many people...

Occupation: Trying to keep a bridal/formalwear store running :shock: :shock:

Employment: Brides a la mode, Owner

https://plus.google.com/107355300997217 ... 6884/about
If you like your health insurance, you can keep it. --- Barack Hussein Obama
John Q Public

Location: Somewhere in a tall building in downtown South Bend

Postby SouthBendInvestor » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Really there bridezilla.. Your wedding is NINE fabulous MONTHS away and your getting air time on the news for your issues.. WTF!!!
SouthBendInvestor

Postby Wilson » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:21 pm

Perhaps worth a try if they frequent the forum?
The Perfect Solutions, LLC

26690 Ray Court
Elkhart, IN 46514

Phone: 574-575-0079
Wilson

Postby raycyrx » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:55 am

SouthBendInvestor wrote:Really there bridezilla.. Your wedding is NINE fabulous MONTHS away and your getting air time on the news for your issues.. WTF!!!

I'm not informed on how long bridal gowns take to order and arrive, be altered, and get final fitting.
Are you?

There used to be a tux & gown shop across Mishawaka Ave from Adams H.S. I went there for my prom tuxes so we went back for my wedding tuxes. After all deposits had been paid, their phone was disconnected about two months before the wedding. Multiple calls did not get through. We then saw a newspaper article that they had filed for bankruptcy. I went there to get deposits back, and I chose to go in when there were girls trying on wedding dresses. They told me I couldn't get my deposits back because that's what deposits are for. I then asked what guarantees they could provide me that I'd have tuxes for my wedding if I kept the deposits there, and they said, "none." I then raised my voice enough for the girls to hear and demanded my deposits back since they couldn't hold up their end of the agreement.

They gave me my money back.
Cash.
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Postby John Q Public » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:58 pm

raycyrx wrote:
SouthBendInvestor wrote:Really there bridezilla.. Your wedding is NINE fabulous MONTHS away and your getting air time on the news for your issues.. WTF!!!

I'm not informed on how long bridal gowns take to order and arrive, be altered, and get final fitting.
Are you?

There used to be a tux & gown shop across Mishawaka Ave from Adams H.S. I went there for my prom tuxes so we went back for my wedding tuxes. After all deposits had been paid, their phone was disconnected about two months before the wedding. Multiple calls did not get through. We then saw a newspaper article that they had filed for bankruptcy. I went there to get deposits back, and I chose to go in when there were girls trying on wedding dresses. They told me I couldn't get my deposits back because that's what deposits are for. I then asked what guarantees they could provide me that I'd have tuxes for my wedding if I kept the deposits there, and they said, "none." I then raised my voice enough for the girls to hear and demanded my deposits back since they couldn't hold up their end of the agreement.

They gave me my money back.
Cash.

Good job Ray. SouthBendInvestor would have gotten ripped!
If you like your health insurance, you can keep it. --- Barack Hussein Obama
John Q Public

Location: Somewhere in a tall building in downtown South Bend

Return to Michiana Area