backstageadd ND

Whole Foods coming to Mishawaka

Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Plymouth, etc.

Postby Wilson » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:26 pm

MISHAWAKA WINS ANOTHER ONE

http://www.fox28.com/story/16772745/whole-foods-coming-to-mishawaka
Posted: Feb 08, 2012 5:30 PM EST

A high-end supermarket is coming to Mishawaka.

Whole Foods Market says it will open a location at Grape and Day Roads in the fall of 2012.

"At Whole Foods Market, we strive to offer the freshest, most flavorful natural and organic foods available, and we are overjoyed to finally announce our entrance into the South Bend and Mishawaka community," says Michael Bashaw, Whole Foods Market Midwest regional president in a statement.

Whole Foods says the 24,000 square foot store will be at 4230 Grape Road. That is the former address of a Borders location. Whole Foods says the store will reflect the company's mission of supporting sustainable agriculture and the environment by featuring natural and organic foods that are free of artificial ingredients and hydrogenated fats.

The store is expected to hire 90-100 workers.

This is a good thing. I have been at the mega one in Chicago several times. Very impressive.
Wilson

Re: Whole Foods coming to Mishawaka

Postby bob_rx2000 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:22 am

I found the prices to be especially impressive...
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby bdcbbq » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:49 am

Its been a few years since I've been in a Whole Foods and it was in Chicago but the prices were steep. Whole Foods will have a niche market but whether that niche can sustain the store is the question.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby Ben A. Around » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Yep, another business going to the Michawaka/Granger area. Far be it from the powers that be in SB to lure new business here.
Ben A. Around

Postby bob_rx2000 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:19 am

Whole Foods wouldn't ever locate in South Bend - too far from their target market of upper-middle-class / high income people and not near other stores that would draw the traffic. In fact, the location they are taking seems to me to be distinctly down-market from what they want, and the availability of space trumped moving to a more up-market area such as Toscana Park. This space is better than the other former bookstore location on Grape, however.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby rpause » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:20 am

A good get for the area. Tough to imagine how they turn a carpeted bookstore into that tho.
rpause

Postby Shinigami » Fri May 18, 2012 12:20 pm

Nice, just another affirmation of Mishawaka's success!
For Hire, will post and moderate for beer.
Shinigami

Postby Xenokilla » Fri May 18, 2012 2:51 pm

Shinigami wrote:Nice, just another affirmation of Mishawaka's success!

Its going in the older borders on Grape near Meijier, there's been a coming soon sign up there for a while now. Do i think the whole thing is pretentious, stupid, over priced and a giant waste of money. Yes. Are most "organic" item mainly marketing fluff to make people feel better about themselves? Sure. Do i care? Meh, im just happy SOMEONE is opening up something and giving people jobs.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -James Mattis
On twitter: @Xenokilla
Check my game reviews and other vids: http://www.youtube.com/xenokillaoftaw
Xenokilla

Postby johndobee » Sat May 19, 2012 12:18 am

Xenokilla wrote:

Its going in the older borders on Grape near Meijier, there's been a coming soon sign up there for a while now. Do i think the whole thing is pretentious, stupid, over priced and a giant waste of money. Yes. Are most "organic" item mainly marketing fluff to make people feel better about themselves? Sure. Do i care? Meh, im just happy SOMEONE is opening up something and giving people jobs.

Love it Xeno! You are sooo right! The WHOLE FOODS marketing strategy is just like Starbucks! "we cost more, we have cool logos". They won't last more than 18 months in this market. Guaranteed, and you can make book on that. I'll do ya one better,, if the market does what I think it will do in the next few months, they will NOT open at all.
Conservative Union Member (yes, there are lots of us).
johndobee

Postby clearblue1096 » Sat May 19, 2012 9:33 am

johndobee wrote:
Xenokilla wrote:

Love it Xeno! You are sooo right! The WHOLE FOODS marketing strategy is just like Starbucks! "we cost more, we have cool logos". They won't last more than 18 months in this market. Guaranteed, and you can make book on that. I'll do ya one better,, if the market does what I think it will do in the next few months, they will NOT open at all.

I disagree. They will open and they will be successful. There is a larger demand for the product they sell then most believe. I'm not big on the whole organic thing. However, I do want to feed my children dairly products and meat that come from animals that haven't been pumped full of hormones. Anyone ever wonder why these 13 year old kids have bodies that look like they are in their late teens???
clearblue1096

Next

Return to Michiana Area