backstageadd ND

Whole Foods coming to Mishawaka

Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Plymouth, etc.

Re: Whole Foods coming to Mishawaka

Postby Doe » Sat May 19, 2012 11:39 am

Clearblue1096 "I disagree. They will open and they will be successful. There is a larger demand for the product they sell then most believe. I'm not big on the whole organic thing. However, I do want to feed my children dairly products and meat that come from animals that haven't been pumped full of hormones. Anyone ever wonder why these 13 year old kids have bodies that look like they are in their late teens???"
Around here, who knows? I would never have predicted both Hooters AND Gino's East would fail. We bought chickens for laying and for meat this year, dont buy meat from anywhere but a farm that doesnt use anything but feed to fatten the animals up and we have a decent garden that produces enough to put up for winter months. Im not sold on the whole organic thing either, but I cant see putting all that crap into my kids bodies if I dont have to. Little girls developing breasts and menstruating at 10 years old is NOT normal.
Doe

Postby Shinigami » Mon May 21, 2012 11:35 am

Doe wrote:Around here, who knows? I would never have predicted both Hooters AND Gino's East would fail.

Of course we cannot forget where Hooter's failed Tilted Kilt prevails. As for Gino's East, pizza is always about location, location, location.
For Hire, will post and moderate for beer.
Shinigami

Postby Xenokilla » Mon May 21, 2012 1:48 pm

Shinigami wrote:
Doe wrote:Around here, who knows? I would never have predicted both Hooters AND Gino's East would fail.

Of course we cannot forget where Hooter's failed Tilted Kilt prevails. As for Gino's East, pizza is always about location, location, location.

The food sucked at hooters and the girls were ugly, all the red necks in Indiana couldn't keep that places open.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -James Mattis
On twitter: @Xenokilla
Check my game reviews and other vids: http://www.youtube.com/xenokillaoftaw
Xenokilla

Postby Doe » Mon May 21, 2012 3:13 pm

Xenokilla wrote:
Shinigami wrote:

The food sucked at hooters and the girls were ugly, all the red necks in Indiana couldn't keep that places open.

You mean it wasnt because men finally realised how desperate, creeper-ish, and gross they were for going to eat at a place with crappy food and half-dressed girls the same ages as their daughters?
Doe

Postby bdcbbq » Mon May 21, 2012 4:45 pm

I went to Hooters once a few years ago for lunch on an impulse. I wasn't impressed and never went back.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby johndobee » Mon May 21, 2012 11:20 pm

I never once went to Hooters. Multiple reasons, but never felt the urge to go pretend I wasn't hoping they turned the AC down to 50.
Ginos East really was a location issue for me. I did think the quality was the same as the Chicago location, but so was the price.
I'm one of those who used to frequent the original location with the original owner (who liked to tell me he didn't take credit cards, but did when I told him he wasn't getting paid if he didn't)! The new Ohio St. location in Chicago isn't the same as the original due to location, and the Granger location didn't even TRY to match the originals location! Really, your preprinted graffiti is an "homage" to the original? Tell ya what, my patronage is an "homage" as well. Looks like it somewhat, but it's just a headfake. One and done.
Conservative Union Member (yes, there are lots of us).
johndobee

Postby bob_rx2000 » Tue May 22, 2012 5:57 am

I suppose this is going to be worse that trolling, but... I've always thought pizza a local item. If I want Chicago pizza, I'll go to Chicago, thank you very much. I far prefer the locally owned and operated 'za joints than any of the chain operations. Moderators, this may be one you want to separate into a new thread, since I suspect 'za opinions are quite as strong as political ones on this board...
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby Spider » Tue May 22, 2012 8:41 am

Great, now we're all going to divide into thick crust/thin crust camps!
Spider

Postby bdcbbq » Tue May 22, 2012 10:07 am

Thin, no chains. The best pizza in the area is at Stop 50 Woodfired Pizzeria in Michiana Shores. 30 miles away but well worth the drive. Within SB/Mish I'll give the nod to Polito's. There are others I like but none of them are chains!!!!
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby dwynptrs » Tue May 22, 2012 11:17 am

Very good pizzas in St. Joe County are available at the bowling alley in North Liberty and a place called Memories in Walkerton. You South Benders, Grangerites, and Mishawakians are missing out
dwynptrs

PreviousNext

Return to Michiana Area