backstageadd ND

Satellite Radio. XM or SIRIUS

Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Plymouth, etc.

Satellite Radio. XM or SIRIUS

Postby dwynptrs » Wed May 30, 2012 6:54 am

With the recent announcement that WAOR 95.7 will be changing it's format from classic rock to all sports, I have been considering the switch to satellite radio. I'm seeking feedback / pros and cons of satellite service in general and comparison between the 2 main providers. My main concerns are reception and whether or not the equipment can be transferred (easily) from one vehicle to another or transferred from a vehicle to the home audio equipment. Any information would be appreciated.
dwynptrs

Re: Satellite Radio. XM or SIRIUS

Postby bdcbbq » Wed May 30, 2012 7:26 am

XM/Sirrius have merged and are one system now. Its more a matter of which plan you want. You can get a plan using satellite through everything including your smartphone. I have it for my computer and car. You can get portable radios that move between your car and house. If you are starting from scratch I would check out one of the local audio stores where someone has knowledge vs. Best Buy where the staff are idiots and and will try to sell you the special of the day that may not meet your needs. The XM/SIrrius website has good information and radios.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby Wilson » Wed May 30, 2012 9:19 pm

I'm really outraged that WAOR would be anything but classic rock. I have listened faithfully for MANY years and will not change to Sirrius or any other satellite radio. Call me old fashion..... So what! It will fail on sports radio and WAOR will be non-existant in the near future.

When WAOR changed earlier, the reception sucked. It still sucks. BUT I STILL LISTENED FAITHFULLY.

I guess I will just have to use the turntable thing I got years ago to put my albums on CD"S.
Wilson

Postby Shinigami » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:48 pm

I think WLEG Froggy 102.7 FM also has moved to sports and talk radio too...
For Hire, will post and moderate for beer.
Shinigami

Postby eascheetz » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:05 pm

I love my satellite radio! I was a Sirius subscriber, when when I got a new car, I got an XM radio, but now they have merged to one company. I gave it up for about 3 months to save some $ when money was tight. I could not handle regular radio stations and ended up resubscribing when they offered me 6 months for $20.

The only times I have trouble with it are when I am headed to work and I get stopped at the light at the viaduct on Western Ave. in South Bend, or if I am in a heavily tree filled area. You also lose reception when you pull into parking garages.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. -Jimi Hendrix
eascheetz

Postby Xenokilla » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:52 pm

Audio books, they will change your life.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -James Mattis
On twitter: @Xenokilla
Check my game reviews and other vids: http://www.youtube.com/xenokillaoftaw
Xenokilla

Postby st michael jr » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:39 pm

I love my Sirius radio. Had it several times for traveling cross country and would have been lost without it
st michael jr

Postby eascheetz » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Xenokilla wrote:Audio books, they will change your life.

Ehhh...I can't do audio books. I can't get past readers who use different voices for characters. :snooty:
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. -Jimi Hendrix
eascheetz

Return to Michiana Area