backstageadd ND

Jeff Dean announces his resignation

Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Plymouth, etc.

Jeff Dean announces his resignation

Postby Dave Schmidt » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:35 pm

Jeff Dean has tendered his resignation, effective July 13.
Dave Schmidt

Re: Jeff Dean announces his resignation

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Dave Schmidt wrote:Jeff Dean has tendered his resignation, effective July 13.

That is great news but why not immediately?
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby John Q Public » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:31 pm

That's the dumbest two week notice I have ever heard of. Apparently his attorney talked some sense into him...Just not enough.
If you like your health insurance, you can keep it. --- Barack Hussein Obama
John Q Public

Location: Somewhere in a tall building in downtown South Bend

Postby bdcbbq » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:02 am

Happy Mom wrote:
Dave Schmidt wrote:Jeff Dean has tendered his resignation, effective July 13.

That is great news but why not immediately?

A paycheck and more time to steal paper clips, etc.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby Dave Schmidt » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:51 pm

If you have a bit of free time on your hands this evening, the Penn Township Board will be meeting at 6:30 PM at the Township Office 210 East Russ, Mishawaka. The members of the community are welcome and there will be opportunity for comments and questions from the public.
Dave Schmidt

Postby Kent Hizer » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:46 am

Today is the last day in the reign of Jeff Dean. I would like to thank my fellow board members Dave Schmidt and Charlie Gray for keeping the pressure on him to resign. I just wish it would have happened much sooner. This has taken almost two years since the time I sent information to the Trib to follow up on. Had it not been for their reporting of the information in October of 2010, the corruption would have continued unchecked. It may be noted that Mr. Dean summoned a township employee to come to his home to pick up the infamous lawn mower this week that he claimed he never had had.

I hope that his party does not waste time in selecting his replacement. It is probable that we will see a familiar name selected for that spot. It is important to name someone who can work to restore the trust to the Trustee's office.

I am only 1 1/2 years into my first and only term as a board member, but because of the situation in Penn Township, we have been forced to handle situations in a short period of time that many township boards would never have to face. It also has opened my eyes to the potential for corruption and ineffeciency at this level of government. I can now understand the call by many to eliminate township boards/governments as we know them. The bigger issue is that I believe that this same level of potential corruption and ineffeciency exists at every level especially here in St. Joe County.

The new trustee has to come in running as this time period starts the process for developing the budget for next year. I have heard rumors as to the front runners and I am anxious to know who he (or she) will be soon so we can move forward.

I will keep you posted here on the SBF
Kent Hizer

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:48 am

Thank you Kent, Dave and all the honest people out there! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Ideal Baloney » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:23 am

Goodbye, Jeff Dean. Hello, Cindy Bodle.
Ideal Baloney

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:33 am

Ideal Baloney wrote:Goodbye, Jeff Dean. Hello, Cindy Bodle.

You think IB? Seriously? :doh: :naughty:
Happy Mom

Postby John Q Public » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:04 am

Thanks Kent. No cooincidence that his last day is on Friday the 13th. Unlucky day for Jeffy. Good riddence to one of the sleaziest people to ever live in this county.

Say hello to John Gleissner, former Mishawaka City Councilman who was asleep at the wheel in the fall and lost his spot.
If you like your health insurance, you can keep it. --- Barack Hussein Obama
John Q Public

Location: Somewhere in a tall building in downtown South Bend

Next

Return to Michiana Area