backstageadd ND

Obamacare affecting Local School District Employees

Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Plymouth, etc.

Obamacare affecting Local School District Employees

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:18 am

School districts consider cutting employee hours, prompted by Obamacare

By: Stephanie Stang - Email
Updated: Wed 6:44 PM, Nov 13, 2013

Cutting employee hours at area schools

Is Obamacare forcing employers to cut employee hours?

It's a question being asked now that people can enroll.

Some school districts are cutting back on employee hours and others are reserving the right to do so if they need to cut costs in the future.

At John Glenn Schools administrators decided to cut hours for 10 to 15 employees.

The superintendent says the decision was made before the school year started.

By law under the Affordable Care Act, people who work 30 hours or more are considered full-time and their employers must offer benefits.

At John Glenn that was a cost the district couldn't afford.

“If you know the law anybody that is going to be over 30 hours or more, they must be offered healthcare and we could not afford to offer healthcare to that many additional folks,” says Superintendent Richard Reese from John Glenn Schools. “So the only alternative we had was to cut hours from 34,33 to 28,29, 27 in that range.”
John Glenn certainly isn't alone.

Tuesday night Mishawaka's Superintendent told the school board that 350 employees would have to cut their hours from 30 to 28 hours or lower.

Also South Bend Schools are evaluating their benefits and costs.

Right now most employees that work only 20 hours a week are eligible for health care.
http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/Scho ... 14611.html
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Obamacare affecting Local School District Employees

Postby bdcbbq » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:40 am

Also South Bend Schools are evaluating their benefits and costs.

Being insured through the South Bend schools I should point out that health care costs roughly tripled this year from last year when adding in increased premiums, deductibles, out-of-pocket expenses, co-pays, etc. I hate to see how much more its going to cost.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:07 am

A friend for PHM just got a semi-pink slip in her pay statement last week. ....this is unbelievable!!!!!
Just got my pay stub with a letter stating that I will lose at least 7 hours a week because I am not offered insurance so I have to go to part time because of Obama Care. It starts Dec. 1. Merry Christmas to me.
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Kingsman » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:07 pm

It would be interesting to know the percentage of Obama voters who are affected by the cut in hours in nearby school districts.
Kingsman

Postby st michael jr » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Thanks ACA for screwing everyone
st michael jr

Postby OldFud » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:14 pm

Who would have ever seen that coming ?

Obama is an equal-opportunity disaster. Whether you are young or old, rich or poor, male or female, . . . you are going to be forced to bend over to receive what is due you. The ONLY demographic that will escape ObamaDestruction is the illegal aliens -- you know, those euphemistically called "undocumented workers."

Welcome to the transformed world !

Poetic justice -- where virtue is ultimately rewarded and vice is ultimately punished -- is nothing new.

>> Aristotle (384B.C. - 372B.C.) wrote about it.
>> Dante's Divine Comedy reads like a compendium of examples of poetic justice.
>> Poetic Justice in William Faulkner's Absalom Absalom
>> The story of Esther includes two instances of poetic justice, both involving Haman. Ultimately, Haman is executed on the gallows that he had prepared for Esther's cousin Mordecai.
>> The New Testament principle of reaping what has been sowed. Gal. 6:7 (Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap) Mt. 25:20-23

So the Progressives come along and claim a new world order, where the principles founded centuries ago are no longer valid. Obama promised us that he would alter the level of the seas.

The New Order:
There are no consequences for wrongdoing.
"You surely shall not die"
The Serpent who was Lucifer, to Eve.

Ummmmmm . . . Didn't Eve ultimately die ???

The oldest lie in the world is alive and well ! And the consequences therefrom are sweeping over us, building to an ultimate tsunami.
OldFud

Return to Michiana Area