backstageadd ND

SBPD warning of aggressive panhandlers

Mishawaka, Osceola, Elkhart, Plymouth, etc.

Postby Happy Mom » Thu May 08, 2014 6:31 am

Posted: Wed 9:54 PM, May 07, 2014
By: NewsCenter 16 Staff Email

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- South Bend residents are running into more pushy panhandlers these days, according to South Bend police.

Police said they've been getting more complaints about aggressive begging tactics, and they're urging residents not to give handouts, as it can make the problem worse.

Instead, you can give to a number of charities in South Bend that help those with verified need who are homeless.

One of those organizations is the Center for the Homeless on S. Michigan Street.
http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/SBPD ... 94951.html
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: SBPD warning of aggressive panhandlers

Postby bdcbbq » Thu May 08, 2014 8:48 am

Tell 'em to f*** off and send them to the mayor's office.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby Ideal Baloney » Thu May 08, 2014 1:46 pm

This has been a problem in DTSB since the 1960's. The current crop of bums are pussycats compared to the ones from yesteryear, like Jeffrey Brown, Chin Man, Harry O and Alfred Marquis. Those dudes could beg ... and piss/crap their pants at the same time. They were multitasking before the buzzword became chic.
Ideal Baloney

Postby st michael jr » Thu May 08, 2014 2:08 pm

Jeffrey's still around. These panhandlers are becoming more and more prevalent.
st michael jr

Postby Happy Mom » Thu May 08, 2014 3:04 pm

st michael jr wrote:Jeffrey's still around. These panhandlers are becoming more and more prevalent.

Are most of them con men/women? I just tell them to ask their buddy Obama to help them out. He's taken all my money...
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby st michael jr » Thu May 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Many are drunks and drug addicts. I wouldn't give them any money. They seem to find money for alcohol but not food
st michael jr

Postby bubblyone » Tue May 13, 2014 12:36 pm

They are pan handling in my little neighborhood, not far from downtown. I think they must make some money there, or they would find a different corner. Come to think of it, wish they would find a different corner!!!
bubblyone

Postby Xenokilla » Wed May 14, 2014 3:57 pm

there are a few near McKinley and main, and at the corner of Edison and 31. none of them will get a cent from me.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -James Mattis
On twitter: @Xenokilla
Check my game reviews and other vids: http://www.youtube.com/xenokillaoftaw
Xenokilla

Postby Happy Mom » Wed May 14, 2014 4:54 pm

I love the girl who stands out near Target or the Mall and has a sign saying she needs money for her 3 kids. She is out there all the time...where are the kids? As much as she is panhandling, she could get a job... :naughty: :liar: :doh:
Happy Mom

Return to Michiana Area