backstageadd ND

Everyone having to Show ID Law Might Be Changed

Re: Everyone having to Show ID Law Might Be Changed

Postby Wilson » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:06 am

SouthBendInvestor wrote:I dont understand what all the confusion is, carry your ID show your ID when you purchase alcohol for carry out, End of Story.
Doesnt take too many brain cells to understand it folks.

Seems we're duplicating. If we have a law you must be 21 and prove it, then common sense would say if it's obvious your over 21, why should you then have to flash ID to prove it? Waste of time and energy both individually and by the tax paying public.

I would rather they enforce checking ID when one uses a credit/debit card or check!
Wilson

Postby backstagedee » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:25 am

If the Feds don't seem to think that someone being stopped in relation to a crime should have to show ID to Arzona LEO's, why the Hell should anyone have to show ID to buy a 12 pack?

OK, I know that was a troll post, but I have already had people claim that I was violating their civil rights by demanding ID to prove age for entrance in the Club. I kindly gave them directions to the club in Mishawaka that doesn't check IDs of females... :roll:
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Postby Big Kahuna » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Good law or bad law...I have no problem being required to carry an i.d. whenever I leave the house.
Big Kahuna

Postby bdcbbq » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:25 am

I had to show my DL and have it copied to buy fireworks yesterday.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby st michael jr » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:59 am

I have no problem showing my ID but I wouldn't let anyone copy it
st michael jr

Postby bdcbbq » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:34 am

st michael jr wrote:I have no problem showing my ID but I wouldn't let anyone copy it

I didn't think about that. I will remember it for future reference.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:19 am

Indiana Lawmakers may revamp law on carding for alcohol
Indianapolis
Currently under Indiana state law, whether you are 24 or 84, you will be carded for buying alcohol. Lawmakers of both parties, however, said they are ready to revamp the law.
Posted: 4:23 PM Sep 27, 2010
Reporter: Rich Molina
Email Address: rich.molina@wndu.com
Indiana Lawmakers may revamp law on carding for alcohol

Currently under Indiana state law, whether you are 24 or 84, you will be carded for buying alcohol. Lawmakers of both parties, however, said they are ready to revamp the law.

An Indiana law took effect this summer requiring anyone buying carryout alcohol to show a photo I-D. Legislators and liquor store workers say they have received many complaints from people about the law covering everyone regardless of age.

The legislature will start its new session in January and both republicans and democrats say they will propose changing the law to possibly having clerks check the ages of customers who appear younger than forty.
http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines/103880708.html

This was a waste of time. When I automatically got my ID out while in another State recently, they looked at me like I was nuts...
:oops: :doh:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby bob_rx2000 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:26 am

Happy Mom wrote: (much snipped)
This was a waste of time. When I automatically got my ID out while in another State recently, they looked at me like I was nuts...[/b] [/color] :oops: :doh:

HM, do you really want to leave sentences like that around for comment? :dance:
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:34 am

bob_rx2000 wrote:
Happy Mom wrote: (much snipped)
This was a waste of time. When I automatically got my ID out while in another State recently, they looked at me like I was nuts...[/b] [/color] :oops: :doh:

HM, do you really want to leave sentences like that around for comment? :dance:

No, I guess not Bob... but go ahead.... :doh: :D :shifty:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby bob_rx2000 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:36 am

Awwww... I wouldn't do that, I'd just observe that I could...
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

PreviousNext

Return to Indiana and Midwest