backstageadd ND

Everyone having to Show ID Law Might Be Changed

Re: Everyone having to Show ID Law Might Be Changed

Postby backstagedee » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:44 am

I can see it now... a new "fake ID." market. Instead of overstating the holder's age by 2 or 3 years like the kids do, understating by 10 or 15 may soon be popular.

(Hint for the oldsters - West Virginia and Wisconsin fake IDs are the most difficult to detect.)
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Postby Happy Mom » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:26 am

Ind. House panel to vote on alcohol ID law repeal

Indianapolis, Ind.
An effort to repeal a state law that requires all people - regardless of age - to show identification when buying alcohol is scheduled to be voted on by an Indiana House committee.
Reporter: The Associated Press
Email Address: newscenter16@wndu.com

An effort to repeal a state law that requires all people - regardless of age - to show identification when buying alcohol is scheduled to be voted on by an Indiana House committee.

The law that took effect last summer has been ridiculed by some who say it defies common sense. Liquor store representatives, however, say it has led to a drastic drop in attempts by minors to buy alcohol because they know they'll be carded.

The House public policy committee expects to vote Wednesday on
advancing the bill to the full House.

Store clerks face being charged with a misdemeanor under current
law if they don't ask for identification when selling alcohol.
http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines ... 31789.html
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby st michael jr » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:00 am

This law was a joke from the start. I recently was at a local liquor store and the clerk required ID from both me and my adult girlfriend even though I was making the actual purchase. He tried to tell me it was the law and I told him "no" it wasn't then he tried to blame it on store policy. I almost told him to forget the sale and walk out but I didn't.
st michael jr

Postby Jinx » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:13 pm

I found the following quite interesting -

On Saturday night, several friends and I went to Logan's on Main St Mishawaka for dinner - we sat in the bar area.
When we ordered our drinks, we were of course carded and had no problems with showing ID.

The interesting part was that 2 younger girls came and sat at the bar, and the bartender knew them asked them if they were both 21 - they said no so she told them they couldn't sit at the bar as she didn't want to get fired.

They ended up in a booth behind us and of course across from the bar - the same bartender then proceeded to make them alcoholic drinks??!!?
Now... how is it that 4 40+ year olds are carded and 2 underage people are not? And served no less.
I counted 4 drinks to the table of 2 during the time we were there - so for a girl that was worried about her underage friends sitting at the bar, she wasn't too worried about serving them :think:
Jinx

Postby Shinigami » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:30 pm

I think 21 is silly, drinking age should be 18. Old enough to vote and serve your country or state if your in the national guard, then your old enough to drink. Enough said.
For Hire, will post and moderate for beer.
Shinigami

Postby backstagedee » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Shinigami wrote:I think 21 is silly, drinking age should be 18. Old enough to vote and serve your country or state if your in the national guard, then your old enough to drink. Enough said.

Evidently many local students feel the same way... Either the law needs to change or they need to find and stop whoever makes fake IDs for St. Mary's girls.
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Postby bob_rx2000 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:19 pm

I have one issue with lowering the drinking age to 18. Too many 18-year-olds are still in the halls of the high schools. Yeah, I know that is not exactly going to stop kids in high schools from getting booze, but at least make it 19 to keep most of the seniors in high school from buying. Now, you're 18 years old and a member of the military, well, now there is a man or woman of a different stripe and I have no issues with on-base availability to these people.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Previous

Return to Indiana and Midwest