backstageadd ND

Chicago

Chicago

Postby Happy Mom » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 pm

I went into Chicago today and had a marvelous time but two of my favorite stores have closed on Michigan Avenue! Talbots closed on Michigan and Superior St. and then I walked up to the American Girl store on Chicago St and it wasn't there. It is gone from that location but I found it later in Water Tower Place. I also have never in my life seen so many panhandler.. There were at least three on every block and some blocks had as many as six! They were also very aggressive!
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Chicago

Postby backstagedee » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:39 pm

They can spot a sucker a block away... :twisted:
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Postby johndobee » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:41 pm

You need to look into a taser. Nothing like a jolt to the neck to make a bum choke on the last word of "spare any chZZZCCCHHHGGanRRRUUUGGHH"!!
Conservative Union Member (yes, there are lots of us).
johndobee

Postby Happy Mom » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:43 pm

backstagedee wrote:They can spot a sucker a block away... :twisted:

Thanks :o , but I didn't part with any of my money even when one of them kept following me and saying," Hey Lady, can I talk to you fo a momet?" (I deliberately misspelled those words.)
John, that is exactly what I'm going to do next time... Get me a taser!
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby MFrohike » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:56 am

You think they're bad in Chi-town, try going to Detroit. They're really bad there.
"What's going down Mr. Peterson?"
"My butt on that stool." - Cheers
MFrohike

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:24 am

If I was a panhandler, I would go South. Why freeze when you are begging?
Happy Mom

Postby bob_rx2000 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:27 pm

Happy Mom wrote:If I was a panhandler, I would go South. Why freeze when you are begging?

Hmmmmm... Sure you want to mention that considering this is your last winter up north, HM? 8-)
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:21 pm

bob_rx2000 wrote:
Happy Mom wrote:If I was a panhandler, I would go South. Why freeze when you are begging?

Hmmmmm... Sure you want to mention that considering this is your last winter up north, HM? 8-)

I mean Florida...LOL plus after this gorgeous day today, it ALMOST makes me forget about this horrid winter!! :lol:
Happy Mom

Postby bdcbbq » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:27 pm

Happy Mom wrote:
backstagedee wrote:They can spot a sucker a block away... :twisted:

Thanks :o , but I didn't part with any of my money even when one of them kept following me and saying," Hey Lady, can I talk to you fo a momet?" (I deliberately misspelled those words.)
John, that is exactly what I'm going to do next time... Get me a taser!

You might want to check the laws in Chicago. Daley is not fond of citizens having the right to defend themselves. You can get a Taser at Midwest Gun Exchange on Grape Road.

Don't get pepper spray. It will be like putting a less effective smell on those guys.
bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:00 pm

bdcbbq wrote:You might want to check the laws in Chicago. Daley is not fond of citizens having the right to defend themselves. You can get a Taser at Midwest Gun Exchange on Grape Road.

Don't get pepper spray. It will be like putting a less effective smell on those guys.

LOL!!!That is so true!! Are you serious about getting a taser at Midwest? Do you need a permit?
Happy Mom

Next

Return to Indiana and Midwest