backstageadd ND

Police Murdered

Police Murdered

Postby Happy Mom » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:51 am

This lack of respect for Life is disgusting....

Indianapolis police officer fatally shot hours after seven injured in city neighborhood
Published July 06,
This undated photo released by the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department shows veteran officer Perry Renn, 51, who was shot and killed after he and another patrolman exchanged gunfire with a suspect in an alley Saturday night, July 5, 2014, in Indianapolis. (AP Photo/Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Dept.)

An Indianapolis police officer was fatally shot late Saturday after he and another officer exchanged gunfire with a suspect in an alley.

Officer Perry Renn, 51, was pronounced dead at a local hospital shortly before 10 p.m. local time. Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department spokesman Lt. Christopher Bailey told The Associated Press that Renn had been with the IMPD for nearly 22 years.

The department said that Renn and another officer responded to a report of shots being fired on the northeastern side of the city. When the two approached an alley near where the shots were reported, they saw a group of people. As they approached, one man, identified as 25-year-old Major Davis Jr. opened fire with an assault weapon.

Davis was wounded by one of the officers and was taken to the same hospital where Renn died. He is listed as being in critical condition. Police say Davis has been preliminarily charged with murder.

"This is a sad day for the IMPD family and the community as a whole," said IMPD Chief Rick Hite. "Please keep Officer Renn's family in your prayers. We will remain vigilant as we continue to take care of one another and the city in the days and weeks to come."

Renn was the eighth Indianapolis police officer shot in the past 18 months.The shootings are the latest in a violent year for Indianapolis, which is on track to rival its record of 162 homicides, set in 1998. A shooting in a bar-hopping Indianapolis neighborhood injured seven people early Saturday.

"Our officers less than 24 hours ago were attending to the wounded citizens of this city," Hite said, while standing alongside Riggs and Mayor Greg Ballard outside the hospital Saturday night. "What are we going to do about people in the community who . welcome us with assault weapons when we are sending out officers who are trying to protect them?"

Ballard said it was "a time to grieve and we want to send our hearts out for the family of Officer Renn."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/06/in ... p=trending
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Police Murdered

Postby Happy Mom » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Gary officer found shot dead in police car

Updated: Sun 12:39 PM, Jul 06, 2014
By: Associated Press

The Gary Police Department says an officer has been found shot to death in his patrol car.
GARY, Ind. (AP) - The Gary Police Department says an officer has been found shot to death in his patrol car.

Police spokeswoman Cpl. Gabrielle King says 47-year-old Patrolman Jeffrey Westerfield was found early Sunday after a concerned citizen called police and reported an officer bleeding in his car. Westerfield was pronounced dead at the scene.

She says investigators don't know why he was shot, how many times he was shot or who was responsible.

King says the 18-year-veteran was working the midnight shift.

She says Westerfield was found at 26th and Van Buren Streets in a residential area. That's about a block south of Roosevelt High School.

The Post-Tribune and The (Munster) Times report a manhunt is underway for a suspect in the shooting.
http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/Gary ... 51301.html
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:19 pm

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! SUBHUMAN TRASH!!!!

Family Of Cop-Killer: If Officer Had Stayed In His Car, He Wouldn’t Have Been Shot

The family of a man who used a semi-automatic rifle to kill an Indianapolis police officer Saturday night says it isn’t fair that the alleged shooter – Major Davis, Jr. – should “keep being dragged through the mud.” They also blamed the officer for not staying in his police car.
:o
As reported by WISH-TV, Davis was seen brandishing a semi-automatic rifle Saturday night in Indianapolis, which led to a 911 call that dispatched police to look for him:
When IMPD Officer Perry Renn found Davis at 34th Street and Forest Manor Avenue, Davis opened fire on Officer Renn. Davis was critically wounded in the gunfight, but survived. Officer Renn died of wounds sustained in the firefight. Davis now faces a charge of murder.

Davis’ family has now spoken out about the murder – and basically blamed Officer Renn and the Indianapolis Police Department for the shooting:
“He wasn’t a bad person. His father was killed by IMPD. That is enough to hurt a person and scar him for life,” said Davis’ grandmother, Pam Moornan.
The facts, as reported by BearingArms.com:
Davis’ father, Major Davis, Sr. had been arrested 15 times and did three years in prison on a drug charge. He died of a heart attack in 2003 while in handcuffs after fighting with police as he attempted to avoid a public intoxication charge.

More from WISH-TV:

“Major is not a bad person in spite of what happened. Things happen,” said Pam Moornan.
“I don’t know how the police was shooting. I don’t know if they took concern of any kids running around,” said Yvonne Moornan.

The family said it felt sorry for Officer Renn’s family, but that the shooting may have been avoided if he had stayed in his car since he could see Davis had a gun. Incidentally, the alleged killer has has an extensive criminal background that dates back to 2006.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/07/154582- ... ldnt-shot/
Happy Mom

Postby Xenokilla » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:45 pm

I can't even put into words how messed up all this is, the police take a lot of guff from people, some deserved, most not, but this is just absurd. Then you read the indy article's comments where they try and excuse that ****'s actions. Absurd.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -James Mattis
On twitter: @Xenokilla
Check my game reviews and other vids: http://www.youtube.com/xenokillaoftaw
Xenokilla

Postby Bingo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:27 pm

That's the main problem with families, no one will accept responsibility :think:
Bingo

Postby dunk50 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:37 pm

I am going to reinterate what I have said in the past. The only regret I am going to have is that I will be to damn old to enjoy the fight that IS COMING. The world cannot continue forever to be this damn stupid. Rabid animals are just that and need putting down. Keeping someone locked up for life is the cruel an unusual punishment. Thinking your curing them is asinine.
Military at 17, 7th SFG Ft. Bragg, 10th SFG Bad Tolz, 5th SFG Nam, 34 Years South Bend Police and retired. Should be fishin but I'm on here!
dunk50

Postby dunk50 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:38 pm

I am going to reinterate what I have said in the past. The only regret I am going to have is that I will be to damn old to enjoy the fight that IS COMING. The world cannot continue forever to be this damn stupid. Rabid animals are just that and need putting down. Keeping someone locked up for life is the cruel an unusual punishment. Thinking your curing them is asinine.
Military at 17, 7th SFG Ft. Bragg, 10th SFG Bad Tolz, 5th SFG Nam, 34 Years South Bend Police and retired. Should be fishin but I'm on here!
dunk50

Postby st michael jr » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:17 pm

I read the family of the scum in Indy blaming the officer for getting out of his car and DOING HIS JOB! It angered me more than words can express.
st michael jr

Postby Xenokilla » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:35 pm

st michael jr wrote:I read the family of the scum in Indy blaming the officer for getting out of his car and DOING HIS JOB! It angered me more than words can express.

exactly! there was a story a few months ago about a CCW who stopped a robbery, and the family were saying he should have minded his own business and not gotten involved. I swear i'm ashamed to be on the same planet as some of these people.

The incident i mentioned: http://www.westernjournalism.com/armed- ... -mad-shot/
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -James Mattis
On twitter: @Xenokilla
Check my game reviews and other vids: http://www.youtube.com/xenokillaoftaw
Xenokilla

Postby bob_rx2000 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:40 am

st michael jr wrote:I read the family of the scum in Indy blaming the officer for getting out of his car and DOING HIS JOB! It angered me more than words can express.

Of course, this family is beyond absurd, but if you want to merrily follow their argument, what the officer ought to have done is simply taken a rifle and shot the SOB from his car.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Return to Indiana and Midwest