backstageadd ND

Blagojevich

Re: Blagojevich

Postby MFrohike » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:31 am

Governor Misses Deadline; Wife Loses Job.

WEEK-TV
updated 5:50 p.m. ET, Thurs., Jan. 22, 2009
Governor Blagojevich ignores deadline for subpoenas for impreachment trial. Patti Blagojevich fired from fundrasier position.

Embattled Governor Rod Blagojevich has missed a deadline to submit proposed subpoenas for his impeachment trial next week. The deadline for Blagojevich to determine which documents and people he wanted to use in the upcoming trial was four this afternoon. Blagojevich has ignored other deadlines, including a response to impeachment charges brought against him. The prosecution filed a list, but it won't be made public until Thursday . The news is not good for Blagojevich's wife Patti either, The Chicago Christian Industrial league, a homeless aid agency, fired the Illinois first lady from her 100–thousand–dollar–a–year job as its chief fundraiser. Patti Blagojevich isn't accused of wrongdoing. But prosecutors say a recorded telephone call captured her expletive–laced suggestion to ``just fire'' newspaper editors if the Tribune Co. wanted state assistance to sell Wrigley Field. Meanwhile, the governor’s brother says the FBI may have recorded as many as 50 of his telephone conversations as part of its investigation of corruption in state government. Robert Blagojevich chairs the governor's 'Friends of Blagojevich' campaign fund. He has not been charged for any wrongdoing.

Courtesy of MSNbC -
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28784026/
"What's going down Mr. Peterson?"
"My butt on that stool." - Cheers
MFrohike

Postby lovechild » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:56 am

bob_rx2000 wrote:Lovechild, for those of us who only get the Chicago paper on the weekend, perhaps you can be a bit more transparent...

sorry, I was about to get on a plane and didn't have the time to look it up personally, I figured some smartie on here could find it!!

January 22, 2009

BY MICHAEL SNEED Sun-Times Columnist
Illinois First Lady Patti Blagojevich is out of a job.

Blagojevich — who started Sept. 1 as development director of the 100-year-old Chicago Christian Industrial League — was quietly dismissed from her $100,000-a-year job on Tuesday.

Here is the whole story link per southsiders advice on posting stories!!

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/1390 ... 09.article
"Love the life you live, live the life you love."
lovechild

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:29 pm

Evidently Blagojevich went on a Media spree this morning , hitting the Morning Shows, the View, and Larry King, proclaiming his innocence. I did not watch any of these shows (or tape them) because I think Blagojevich is as crooked as they come and is at the very least arrogant and thinks rules and laws do not apply to him. What did disappoint me was when I got home I love watching Neil Cavuto on Fox News. For some unknown reason, Neil had Geraldo Rivera on his show today telling Cavuto's audience that his interview with Blagojevich had been canceled so he had gone and staked out the parking lot at the 'View' to talk to him. Then he goes ballistic on this Prosecutor from Illinois accusing him of railroading "his friend" Blagojevich. I was embarrassed for Neil. Geraldo was absolutely acting the fool and screaming at this man . Neil thankfully cut him off... I hope FOXNEWS gets rid of that idiot.
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby MFrohike » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:03 am

HM I don't think that will happen. Geraldo is a good reporter, who sometimes gets very passionate about what he's been reporting on, i.e. like on "Cavuto". On Fox's "Live Desk" he was fairly objective & even pointed out that Blago has handled this wrong. Bottom line it makes for good ratings.

As for the topic of Blagojevich it's just embarassing to our country & he should've been at the impeachment hearing that started today defending himslef rather then doing tv interviews.
"What's going down Mr. Peterson?"
"My butt on that stool." - Cheers
MFrohike

Postby lovechild » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:29 am

I am starting to believe that Blago is just plain dilussional.
"Love the life you live, live the life you love."
lovechild

Postby bob_rx2000 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:06 am

What kind of gets me is that Blagojevich is demonstrating publicly the type of politicians that come out of the Chicago machine. What sort of people voted for this guy? And what does it say about the others who are products of this machine? Of course, Harry S Truman was a product of the Kansas City machine and one of the best presidents we have had, so... And btw, did anyone catch that Blagojevich comment about having considered appointing Oprah to the Senate?
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby Happy Mom » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:29 pm

He is so going to be Impeached tonight!!! :roll:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby st michael jr » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:22 pm

He already has been. What a headcaqse
st michael jr

Postby bob_rx2000 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:41 pm

59 to 0 to convict on impeachment charges. Even WW2 didn't do that well, one person voted against going to war...
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby sock_theorist » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:48 pm

This may be beating a dead horse. However, while I was leafing through the Sun Times the day after he made his impassioned plea of innocence to the state Senate, the esteemed Governor raced back to the airport before the vote was concluded in order to use the Governor's jet one last time going back to Chicago. Were I one of the senators (voters), that, indeed, would've been the final "nail in the coffin" for this guy.

~theorist
sock_theorist

PreviousNext

Return to Indiana and Midwest