backstageadd ND

DAVID SNYDER GOING TO JAIL

Re: DAVID SNYDER GOING TO JAIL

Postby fairystarz » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:30 pm

Of course he plans to 'take it easy' for a while... can't do too much that might end up looking like he is able to pay child support.
fairystarz

Postby st michael jr » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:04 pm

Anyone notice the "limp" as he was filmed walking away from jail?
st michael jr

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:06 pm

st michael jr wrote:Anyone notice the "limp" as he was filmed walking away from jail?

Maybe Dorothy kicked him when she found out he liked jail better than her company. :lol: :teasing-nutkick:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:48 am

David Snyder speaks about jail time
Snyder preferred cell to probation

Posted: 7:10 PM Jun 8, 2009
Last Updated: 7:32 PM Jun 8, 2009
Reporter: Mark Peterson
Email Address: mpeterson@wndu.com

Former Roseland town council member David Snyder is 35-pounds lighter, but worse for wear health wise--after spending 101 days in the St. Joseph County Jail.

Last week, Snyder finished serving his sentence on a prior battery conviction for striking fellow council member Tedd Penn in January of 2007.

Snyder’s time behind bars began on February 21st (2009), and ended on June 1 (2009).

In some ways, life inside the jail was much like life on the outside for Snyder.

“I see all my fellow campers there and they think its great, they got to see Snyder, ‘Mr. Snyder, Mr. Snyder’ I was always flashing the victory sign.”

Because Snyder is so easily recognized, he feels he ended up doing harder time than most inmates.

“Well, the first two weeks I got the newspaper. Those were taken away after two weeks. I got the books about three weeks later, and those were taken away for a week.”

Snyder was being held in protective custody. He feels the jail kept confusing his type of isolation with lockdown, a system of solitary confinement used to punish unruly inmates.

Snyder today refuted any suggestion that he was somehow thumbing his nose at the legal system when he failed to keep up with the community service portion of his sentence.

“It was entrapment, it was unrealistic,” he said. “I had a job at the “Y” helping them, and all the sudden I didn’t. I had a job at the County City Building, all the sudden the prosecutor steps in and then I don’t.”

It was Snyder’s failure to perform 300-hours of community service that lead to the revocation of his probation—and his ensuing stint in jail.

There he found people who were also frustrated with the Ducomb Center that oversees community service for offenders in St. Joseph County.

“The quotes from other people there was that Ducomb demeaned, belittled and used to just push them to do things, and they always felt like they were going in to be just beat up on psychologically.”

In jail, Snyder reasoned, at least he knew what was expected of him.

“It was better I did the jail time. Anybody asks me, I recommend the same thing.”

Snyder says that a lack of exercise took its toll on his health during the 101 day stay.

While inmates are given one hour of recreational time per day, Snyder says that was also the only period during which he was allowed to shower, or make telephone calls.
http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines/47241737.html

Almost all the comments are asking why WNDU gives so much space to these two losers.. :naughty:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Ben A. Around » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:51 am

I wonder how he got to work in the mail room at the County City Bldg for his community service. He should've had to pick up trash or shovel dog $h*t at Animal Control or Pet Refuge. Ofcourse, just waking up to Dorothy could be considered community service. And I agree, HM, why does Channel 16 give them so much coverage. They're not "newsworthy", they're IDIOTS!
Ben A. Around

Postby York » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:24 pm

Bankruptcies:

Snyder, Dorothy, 236 E. Pendle St.,
South Bend. Chapter 7. Assets: $252,525.
Debts: $293,705.

Did we know about this? I was just looking at the Tribune Business Weekly from June 15, 2009 and found it. Page 13.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/assets/ ... 076615.PDF
York

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:56 pm

York wrote:
Bankruptcies:

Snyder, Dorothy, 236 E. Pendle St.,
South Bend. Chapter 7. Assets: $252,525.

Did we know about this? I was just looking at the Tribune Business Weekly from June 15, 2009 and found it. Page 13.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/assets/ ... 076615.PDF

Thanks York, that is the first I heard about this.... If they had those many assets, then David should have been paying his child supports... :roll:
Happy Mom

Postby backstagedee » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:01 pm

Assets: $252,525.

That's a pretty chintzy filing... $41,180? Get a job and pay it off, or sell a few things you can't afford. Heck, write a book. "A Twisted View of Reality" or something like that.
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
backstagedee

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:03 pm

backstagedee wrote:
Assets: $252,525.

That's a pretty chintzy filing... $41,180? Get a job and pay it off, or sell a few things you can't afford. Heck, write a book. "A Twisted View of Reality" or something like that.

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-jumpingpurple: :laughing-lettersrofl: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: Good one Dee! :clap: :clap:
Happy Mom

Postby Eagle Eye Eddie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:23 pm

Dorothy has huge ASSets.
Eagle Eye Eddie

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics