backstageadd ND

Derek Dieter is retiring from the police force today

Re: Derek Dieter is retiring from the police force today

Postby Happy Mom » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:14 am

File this under non-story, at least he didn't post pictures of people having sex with animals...

Derek Dieter: 'Fire this administration!' comment was from my wife

South Bend Common Council member Derek Dieter. (SBT File Photo/JAMES BROSHER)

Posted: Friday, September 12, 2014 6:00 am | Updated: 6:54 am, Fri Sep 12, 2014.
South Bend Tribune Report
Common Council member Derek Dieter is attributing a Facebook comment calling for the removal of South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg's administration to his wife, Suzanne Dieter, a South Bend Police officer.
The comment, linked to Dieter’s personal Facebook account, appears below a story on The Tribune’s website about the possible sale of Elbel Golf Course, which Dieter opposes.
“Don’t sell any of them,” the comment reads, referring to the city’s four municipal golf courses. “Fire this administration!”

A later comment reads, “This comment was is (sic) a mistake, I apologize for the error."
“I had used Suzy’s tablet and I had logged on under my Facebook (account), and then she had used it later and put that up,” Dieter said. “She thought it was going up under her name.”
Dieter said the comment reflects his wife’s opinion and not necessarily his own.
“She’s just private citizen just upset about the parks,” he said.
Earlier this summer, councilman Henry Davis Jr. caused an outcry after posting a crude photo on his Facebook page. At the time, Dieter said about the incident, "All I can say is people who post on Facebook are responsible for what they post."
Council later began debating a proposed social media practices and guidelines for council members. The council and the city of South Bend currently do not have formal rules on how individual officials should conduct themselves publicly online.
Among the issues debated were enforcement and punishment once the guidelines are in place.
“Unfortunately we are going to have to have some teeth and penalties,” Dieter said at the time.
eblasko@sbtinfo.com
574-235-6187
@ErinBlasko
http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/lo ... 353a6.html
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby saywatanayo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:30 am

I wonder if he sent it in text form to Newton?
saywatanayo

Postby saywatanayo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:58 pm

Apparently South Bend Cubs owner / ceo Andrew Berlin not a fan of Derek Dieter. Among the changes, Dieter has been fired as head of security at Four Winds Field from what I'm told. Karma Derek, Karma!
saywatanayo

Postby st michael jr » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:01 am

Wow! He's been running that for years
st michael jr

Postby Bingo » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:46 pm

I heard Nick Zarate was running it this year. :think:
Bingo

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:36 pm

Derek Dieter to run for city clerk in South Bend

James Brosher
South Bend Common Council member Derek Dieter. (SBT File Photo/JAMES BROSHER)
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 11:08 am | Updated: 1:29 pm, Mon Nov 17, 2014.
By MADELINE BUCKLEY South Bend Tribune

SOUTH BEND — Common Council Vice President Derek Dieter said he will announce an intention to run for South Bend city clerk in the 2015 Democratic primary, while current city clerk John Voorde may run for Dieter's council seat.
As a city clerk hopeful, Dieter said he plans to upgrade technology, digitize records, supply documents and notices in Spanish as well as English and utilize social media.
"I feel like I've done what I wanted to accomplish in the council, and it has run its course," Dieter said on Monday.
Voorde confirmed to the Tribune he does not intend to seek reelection as clerk, but is considering a council run.
Dieter is a retired South Bend police officer and has served for 12 years as an at-large council member.
The Common Council has made news multiple times in the past year for internal fighting and a lack of cooperation -- something Voorde said inspired him to consider running.
"I think I can bring a perspective of working together with your own body," Voorde said.
Voorde previously served in the Common Council for three terms, starting in 1980. He served as city clerk for 12 years.
Dieter plans to announce his candidacy at noon Wednesday in the lobby of the County City building, according to a post on his Facebook page.
Among initiatives, he hopes to launch an educational program to teach young students about local government and hire a bilingual staffer to reach out to the Hispanic community.
mbuckley@sbtinfo.com
@mabuckley88
574-235-6337
http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/lo ... 90d02.html
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Previous

Return to Local Politics