backstageadd ND

Investigation of South Bend mayor's chief of staff

Re: Investigation of South Bend mayor's chief of staff

Postby Gamblinbug » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:46 pm

CHECK OUT OUR DYING CITY AND THE CORRUPTION WITHIN YOU DECIDE FOR YOURSELF.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ISPYFORU1
Gamblinbug

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:51 pm

Were you at the Council Meeting Gamblinbug? Anything of interest?
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Gamblinbug » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:42 am

I didn't make it, I guess it was at 5pm and I thought it was at 7pm. :roll:
CHECK OUT OUR DYING CITY AND THE CORRUPTION WITHIN YOU DECIDE FOR YOURSELF.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ISPYFORU1
Gamblinbug

Postby saywatanayo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:20 pm

How ironic! It would appear that jesse, mario and the boys jumped the gun once again and shot their mouths off without having any facts whatsoever! Again, PUBG and their ilk are simply looking for "airtime" regardless of the facts and due process for all parties. Including public officials and cops! You guys need to get a life!

Special Prosecutor Appointment in Roos Investigation Unsealed
st. Joseph County.- EARLY IN DECEMBER, the St. Joseph County Prosecutor's Office received
the last of the Indiana State Police's final report regarding the investigation into work done at
Kathryn Roos' home in July 2014. ON DECEMBER 18, 2014, former Prosecuting Attorney
Michael Dvorak reviewed the ISP investigation and elected to petition the St. Joseph County
Circuit Court to appoint a special prosecutor to make all prosecutorial decisions with respect to
this investigation.
The St. Joseph County Prosecutor's Office previously filed on December 18,2014, a "Petition
for Appointment of Special Prosecuting Attorney" to review the Indiana State Police
investigation of City of South Bend employee Kathryn Roos and allegations that Ms. Roos
improved her property at taxpayers' expense. The Prosecutor's Office petitioned for the
appointment of a special prosecutor under I.C. 33-39-10-2 "in order to avoid the appearance of
impropriety." The St. Joseph County Circuit Court approved the appointment of David O.
Thomas, Senior Prosecuting Attorney for the State of Indiana, as Special Prosecutor in this
matter.
At the time of filing, the petition was sealed by the Court to protect the identity of the individual
named in the investigation. By law, when a cause number is sealed, the Prosecutor's Office
cannot discuss the contents of the filing or that a case was even referred to a special
prosecutor. Today, Special Prosecutor David O. Thomas filed a Motion to unseal the Petition
in the interest of justice, as the ISP investigation was already a matter of public knowledge.
As this matter is being handled by the Special Prosecutor, all further media inquiries regarding
this case should be referred to David O. Thomas at david.thomas@c1aynet.
saywatanayo

Postby Happy Mom » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:38 pm

It says in the article that no one was allowed to talk about it, so how would that group know whether a special prosecutor had been appointed? It doesn't sound like they "jumped the gun." From what I understand, the City hasn't been forthright in any of their information. :? :naughty: :hand:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:17 pm

Special prosecutor appointed in case against city official

Santiago Flores
Kathryn Roos
Posted: Wednesday, January 7, 2015 6:10 pm | Updated: 6:12 pm, Wed Jan 7, 2015.
By Lincoln Wright South Bend Tribune
Lincoln Wright

SOUTH BEND — A special prosecutor has taken over the investigation into allegations that a city employee worked at the home of the mayor's chief of staff at the expense of taxpayers, violating state law.
The investigation was sparked after Kathryn Roos, Mayor Pete Buttigieg's chief of staff, reportedly hired a general contractor in July to remove and replace a concrete patio at her residence, and that the general contractor hired subcontractors, at least one of whom was a city employee.
Roos has denied any wrongdoing on her part.
The St. Joseph County Prosecutor's office announced Wednesday that David Thomas, senior prosecuting attorney for Indiana, was appointed as the special prosecutor after former County Prosecutor Michael Dvorak petitioned the county's Circuit Court on Dec. 18. Thomas most recently served as the Indiana inspector general, and served three terms as the Clay County prosecutor.
After reviewing the Indiana State Police investigation into whether Roos knowingly used a city employee on city time for the work, Dvorak petitioned for the special appointment to avoid the appearance of impropriety, according to the prosecutor's office.
At the time the petition was filed, the court elected to seal the file to protect the identity of the individual named in the investigation, according to the prosecutor's office. By law, when a case is sealed the prosecutor cannot discuss the contents of the filing or if the case was referred to a special prosecutor.
In the interest of public knowledge, Thomas filed a motion Wednesday to unseal the petition, stating the ISP investigation was already a matter of public knowledge, according to the prosecutor's office. A copy of the petition has not been obtained at this time.

Thomas said in an email Wednesday that he will be obtaining all the files this week and will begin to review them next week. He said he will most likely not make any comment on the status of the investigation until he has reviewed all documents.
The allegations against Roos, an original member of the mayor's administration who has served as chief of staff since 2013, were brought up to the Common Council by Jesse Davis of People United for Better Government.
lwright@SBTinfo.com
574-235-6324
@LWrightSBT

http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/lo ... 25fd8.html
Happy Mom

Postby saywatanayo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:01 pm

I understand that position "mom". Don't want to fence with you. I respect the time and effort you put into this site. However, I must opine in response. This of course was just another "assumption" on the part of these pot stirrers who have come to believe that everything is a flat out conspiracy in South Bend.
Lead by a self proclaimed preacher who has his own personal vendetta and agenda as does Davis. When they continuously call B.S. and conspiracy, it's fair and appropriate to examine their credentials and motives. They choose to be identified and vocal, therefore their personal history and credibility is open to question. BEFORE they got in front of the microphones again, DUE PROCESS was in process. They will never be patient and think that the appropriate steps are being taken. They would have bet their last dollar during their "press conference" that this would be swept under the rug so to speak. The irony is that they could not have been more wrong! Their press conference had nothing to do with the assignment of this special prosecutor. It had been done weeks earlier. Although they will insist they motivated that decision. :shifty:

On another note I will say this. It seems that Ms. Roos did nothing wrong here from what I've read. Their barking up the wrong tree. It would seem she hired a reputable company who in turn sub contracted a guy trying to make some extra money. How could she know this was happening? Maybe HE should be reprimanded if in fact he completed work for the contractor while on the city clock and using city equipment. Again, not her doing or having knowledge of same presumably. The irony, Davis the blue collar guy is now probably going to get another blue collar guy, whom he may even know and is friends with, fired. All in the name of getting that evil corrupt Roos! :doh:
saywatanayo

Postby HoosierMama » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:31 am

saywatanayo wrote:The irony, Davis the blue collar guy is now probably going to get another blue collar guy, whom he may even know and is friends with, fired. All in the name of getting that evil corrupt Roos! :doh:

:?: What makes you think he's after Roos or a blue collar guy? He's after corruption period. His "agenda" is to stop the corruption that he stumbled on 5 years ago and has been going on since and before. The whistle blowers have confidence in him and so do I.
HoosierMama

Postby bubblyone » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:58 am

Could I just say something a tad off point here?? Several years ago (about 4-5) my neighbors had two trees taken down on their tree lawn. They were new to town, so I am not sure how they came upon the person who did the work, but....he was a city employee. He worked for the parks department, and was starting up a small business. I have no problem with someone having a business on the side. The work was done during daytime, weekday hours. I have no idea whether or not the guy was on city time or personal time. That part I did not care about. What I did object to was this....he told my neighbor that the city had stump grinding equipment, and he would be back with that to grind the stumps....uhhh this is where I have the problem.

I remember having the conversation with my neighbors (total dimwits) and thinking are you out of your minds to get involved with this????? I also remember asking about liability insurance...they were not provided proof (read the above sentence)

I had some tree work that I was going to have taken care of and the neighbors gave me this person's card (I long threw that card out) of course I never called because I was surely not going to get involved, in something that did not make me feel warm and fuzzy.

I am just pointing out that there are improper things that take place. Yes, I could have made a call. No, I did not, and no, I never talked about it.

I am just thinking out loud that people do things that if given a second chance they would re-think and never do again (I may only be speaking for myself here). Do I think that a city worker hires a company that has an employee that works for the city, and there is no disclosure made? Do I think that the homeowner hires a company and never comes home during the day to check on the work taking place to know who is on their property or in their house?? I can tell you for sure I don't buy that, and if that did happen, wow!

I live as close to where I work, as Kathryn does, in fact, we could both meet at the corner and walk to work together (though I do not know her) so, my point is, I go home at lunch, and I see what is going on when I have workers there. Or, when I have workers at my house, I take vacation, or have someone there in my place.....unless of course I don't want to know.

Not buying what anyone is trying to sell in this situation. We all have an opinion, and this is mine!
bubblyone

Postby saywatanayo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:15 am

What makes you think he's after Roos or a blue collar guy? He's after corruption period. His "agenda" is to stop the corruption that he stumbled on 5 years ago and has been going on since and before. The whistle blowers have confidence in him and so do I.

Umm, they called her out by name! marched in front of her house with picket signs! give me a break.
saywatanayo

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics