backstageadd ND

The Best Reason To Vote For DEREK DIETER

The Best Reason To Vote For DEREK DIETER

Postby Buck Wheat » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:37 am

His opponent's campaign manager is JOE KERNAN.

Buck Wheat

Re: The Best Reason To Vote For DEREK DIETER

Postby Happy Mom » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:08 pm

Buck Wheat wrote:His opponent's campaign manager is JOE KERNAN.

WOW, still trying to run this town in the ground.....thanks for the heads up BW!
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Xenokilla » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:42 pm

Lets say I didn't know anything about Joe (which i don't) I would only assume you mean it's either because she's a woman or because she's black. May i suggest giving some background as to why I wouldn't want to vote for Joe?
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -James Mattis
On twitter: @Xenokilla
Check my game reviews and other vids: http://www.youtube.com/xenokillaoftaw
Xenokilla

Postby bubblyone » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:58 am

Ya, just what SB needs... Kernan back in the thick of things. Your post of a couple weeks ago enlightened me, but the article in the paper this morning sealed it for me.

If it were me, I would be running as a candidate on my own...not using the current administration as my ticket, nor letting them use me for their own political reasons!!! :naughty:
bubblyone

Postby raycyrx » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:49 pm

Xenokilla wrote:Lets say I didn't know anything about Joe (which i don't) I would only assume you mean it's either because she's a woman or because she's black. May i suggest giving some background as to why I wouldn't want to vote for Joe?

Joe is not the opponent. The opponent is a black woman who seems competent enough to earn the job. Whether or not she's better than DD is up to you.

Joe Kernan is a former mayor who was a good guy but really did nothing to advance the city... quite the opposite in fact. He steamrollered in the College Football Hall of Fame over the protests of many. He PROMISED (not just a campaign promise, but as sitting mayor) that no taxpayer funding would be needed to keep the Hall going. That turned out to be a huge piece of crap. The Hall was consistently under-attended, and the commecial support that Joe promised never materialized. It ended up being a huge drain on city resources

While the Hall was a major issue with his administration, it was by no means the only issue.
The Church is not a hotel for saints. It is a hospital for sinners.
St. Augustine
raycyrx

Postby Happy Mom » Tue May 05, 2015 8:56 pm

http://www.wndu.com/elections

Unfortunately the Democratic machine is alive and well in St. Joseph County.... :cry:
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby bubblyone » Tue May 05, 2015 10:14 pm

Not only in st Joe county...seems the boys in the southern part of the state got involved. Strange. Last election boy Pete could not distance himself far enough from Joe...now they are best buds. Maybe Joe was also advising petie to sell his hall of shame for the 1.2 million; after all, we only owe 3 million. Wait, we chipped in 700k to seal the deal... Hey guys since you are so good at raising money how bout soliciting the 3 mil from your pals so the taxpayers don't have to foot the bill???
bubblyone

Postby bob_rx2000 » Wed May 06, 2015 6:37 am

I must confess that I'm curious about how much money was pumped into the campaign for city clerk.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby bubblyone » Wed May 06, 2015 8:25 am

Here's a quick article, but probably not the final count regarding the money.

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/Demo ... 34131.html

I think the last line is a deflection..."not focusing on the issues." Never heard from Fowler what SHE thought the issues were. Just heard the words "their vision"...over and over and over again!
bubblyone

Postby st michael jr » Wed May 06, 2015 12:50 pm

I don't recall EVER seeing that kind of money spent on the CLERK's job!
st michael jr

Next

Return to Local Politics