backstageadd ND

Citizens using their 2nd Amendment Rights....

Citizens using their 2nd Amendment Rights....

Postby Happy Mom » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:26 pm

Georgia mom home alone with kids shoots ex-con intruder

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Published January 06, 2013

FoxNews.com

A Georgia mother shot an ex-convict six times to protect her and her children after he apparently forced his way into the family’s home.

The mom heard knocks on her front door Friday and assumed it was just a solicitor, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

She told her 9-year-old twins not to answer the door and, when the visitor began repeatedly ringing the doorbell, she called her husband at his job and he told her to gather the children and hide.

“He opens the closet door and finds himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver.”

- Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman

According to the Journal-Constitution, the father then dialed 911 and his wife, who works from a home office, hid with the children in a crawlspace.

By that time, according to the paper, the intruder had used a crowbar to forcibly enter the home, and made his way to the home office.

“He opens the closet door and finds himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver,” Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The woman fired six bullets, five of which hit Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area, Chapman said. But Slater, who has arrests dating to 2008 and was released from jail in August, was still conscious.

“The guy’s face down, crying,” the sheriff said. The woman told him to stay down or she’d shoot again.

While down, the woman and her children ran to a neighbor’s house, and the injured intruder made it out of the home and into his car, the paper reported.

Authorities found Slater a short time later bleeding profusely in a neighbor’s driveway.

“I’m dying. Help me,” he told them, according to Chapman.

Slater was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center and is expected to survive, the sheriff said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/06/ge ... z2HFElAZID
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/06/ge ... p=obinsite
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Re: Citizens using their 2nd Amendment Rights....

Postby dunk50 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:21 pm

To bad, she needs more range time!!! :hand:
Military at 17, 7th SFG Ft. Bragg, 10th SFG Bad Tolz, 5th SFG Nam, 34 Years South Bend Police and retired. Should be fishin but I'm on here!
dunk50

Postby bob_rx2000 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Hey, Dunk, I'd say she did pretty well for what was probably her first combat situation. Too bad the good taxpayers of Georgia will be stuck supporting this scumbag in the pokey, though.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Postby st michael jr » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:13 pm

More like she needs better ammo.
st michael jr

Postby Xenokilla » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:04 pm

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com has a Defensive Gun Use of the Day post on a pretty regular basis, here's today's:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/0 ... on-robber/ (with video)

Wisconsin Grandmother Draws on Robber

Grocery store owner Ernestine Aldana practiced with her firearm. Twice. And then, when her life and property were threatened, she brought her firearm to bear on the bad guy. There wasn’t a “Wild West” gunfight per se. The robber fled. How many times does this happen? In 1991, a study found that 164k Americans successfully used a gun to defend themselves or their loved ones in a life-or-death situation. Ahead of next Tuesday’s gun control proposals, Vice President Joe Biden repeated the assertion that civilian disarmament legislation is worth it “if one life is saved.” Yes, well, if local, federal or state gun control measures had disarmed one percent of those people who used a firearm to save their life—completely discounting statistical evidence about deterrence—that’s 1640 lives lost. There’s no getting around it. Whether it’s facing down bad guys or enabling mass murder, disarmament = death.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -James Mattis
On twitter: @Xenokilla
Check my game reviews and other vids: http://www.youtube.com/xenokillaoftaw
Xenokilla

Postby dunk50 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:00 pm

bob_rx2000 wrote:Hey, Dunk, I'd say she did pretty well for what was probably her first combat situation. Too bad the good taxpayers of Georgia will be stuck supporting this scumbag in the pokey, though.

Yea, supporting him and his batch of attorneys filing appeals for the next 50 years and the way our legal system works he will probably sue her for violating his rights as an azzhole! :obscene-moneypiss: on him!!!
Military at 17, 7th SFG Ft. Bragg, 10th SFG Bad Tolz, 5th SFG Nam, 34 Years South Bend Police and retired. Should be fishin but I'm on here!
dunk50

Postby Doe » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:30 pm

HM, I'm taking a ladies introductory firearms safety class in a couple weeks--you should join me!!
Doe

Postby bdcbbq » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:13 pm

bdcbbq

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” John Stuart Mill
bdcbbq

Postby Happy Mom » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:11 pm

Doe wrote:HM, I'm taking a ladies introductory firearms safety class in a couple weeks--you should join me!!

PM, me and if I'm in town, would love to.... :D
"Preserving and protecting the principles of the Constitution is the primary role of the federal government."
Happy Mom

Postby Happy Mom » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:03 am

Alleged home intruders shot by homeowner

STAN MADDUX South Bend Tribune Correspondent

4:57 p.m. EST, January 14, 2013
MICHIGAN CITY — Two men shot by a homeowner after they allegedly broke into his home near Michigan City remained hospitalized Monday.

Prosecutors were still awaiting the findings of a police investigation before moving forward on possible charges.

LaPorte County Prosecutor Bob Szilagyi said he anticipated charges to be filed against the alleged intruders, but not the homeowner who claimed to be acting in self-defense after he surprised the intruders.

“That's what we have preliminarily. Again, we still have to wait for the investigation to be complete,” Szilagyi said.

Szilagyi did not release the names of anyone involved in the incident because charges are still pending. He did reveal the homeowner is a retired Chicago police officer.

The incident occurred Friday night at a home in the 100 block of Pontiac Drive in Pottawattomie Park, a small upscale community outside the eastern fringe of Michigan City.

Szilagyi said the homeowner returned to find a back window broken and told a woman he was with to call 911. He then went inside and at one point encountered the intruders who he ordered to the floor.

However, the two male suspects came at the property owner, who took action with a gun, said Szilagyi. “At that point I think that's when the shots were fired,” Szilagyi said.

One of the wounded men fled but soon was located hiding in a closet in a home in the 300 block of Hobart Street in Michigan City.

Szilagyi said both men were taken to a hospital in South Bend where they admitted into the intensive care unit.

He expects both of them to recover.

Szilagyi said the investigation indicates the suspects were piling up belongings in the home to take when the homeowner thwarted their efforts.

He said how many times the intruders were shot remained unclear. Szilagyi did not know if the intruders were armed.

“That's all I know at this point. We're waiting for the police to give us the final report then we'll go from there,” Szilagyi said.
http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/sb ... 6265.story
Happy Mom

Next

Return to Crime