backstageadd ND

Safety of Cops While On The Job...

Safety of Cops While On The Job...

Postby bob_rx2000 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:25 am

I pulled this out of the 2016 crime thread as I don't want to hijack that one.

I have a slightly different although basically similar reaction to this. I believe what our sworn officers need most of all is to know that we, the decent citizens of the community, have their backs. I agree that decent compensation is also a requirement and I'd much rather see money go to that, to top-of-the-line equipment and superb training versus putting that money into a bunch of militarized units and certainly versus putting it into the nonsensical welfare programs we have now. The crooks, the bad guys, need to understand that we, the decent citizens are fed up with their nonsense and we're demanding that they pay severely for criminal activity. (When they decide to shoot at an officer, if that officer should happen to spare the community the cost of a trial and incarceration, I guess I won't be too upset.) We need to demand our judges sentence criminals severely from the get-go. My guess is we'd have a lot less of them.

OK, Monday rant over.

During our 11:00 p.m. newscast, our reporter was on scene when someone began shooting at the officers on scene.
Police drew their guns and took cover behind the apartment buildings .
\They warned those outside it was not safe and to get into their apartments.
\Around 11:50 p.m., police said the scene was clear.

Arrogant bastards putting themselves first instead of the officers. I bet the reporter and cameraman had to change their underwear. :x

I am getting disgusted with the numbers of police being shot at, wounded, and killed. It almost seems like we need a citizen group to help guard the police while they are on the job. I know this is not possible. The police definitely need more compensation for what they have to do and put up with.
Bob_Rx2000
"Because, Gentlemen, I don't trust you..." Gunning Bedford, U.S. Constitutional Convention
"First God created the idiot. That was for practice. Then he created the School Board." Mark Twain
bob_rx2000

Location: South Bend, in a subdivision scheduled for annexation

Return to Crime